Dirty Diana: Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Wednesday

I didn't see Diana in the kitchen this morning. Well, let's say I didn't see her because I chose to sit at my cube for fifteen minutes to avoid crossing paths. When I finally made a point to retrieve my caffeine, I was in and out of luck. I was out of luck because she was in the kitchen, but I was in luck because Maria– my fellow developer– was chit-chatting with Diana.

Was it weird that I noticed Diana's hands wrapped around her cup? She had a nice slender pair, sorta like the girl I'm seeing to now.

"How long were you working with the government?" Maria asked, eyeing the coffee stream filling her Star Wars mug. The image on her mug changed depending on the temperature. It was pretty dope. 

"Five years," Diana answered before sipping her tea. The teabag's string and tag draped over one of her pretty knuckles.

How old is she? Maybe her late twenties or early thirties. Mid-thirties? It was hard to tell from the way she carried herself. Maybe it was her stern demeanor and defined facial features that made me shoot for older. I didn't mind the idea of dating an older woman. They were usually more into my attention as I still had a couple of years left in my twenties. Then, there was an exception like Diana. It was one thing to not be romantically interested, but she doesn't even acknowledge my presence. That's new for me.

"Mornin'!" Maria chirped in my direction. I nodded and glanced at Diana whose attention steeped into her cup.

"I should get back to my desk," Diana said, before making a swift exit.

She walked by with her head up. Again, can she not see me? Yes, she can. She knew I was there because she maneuvered around me. I swear to god she's got a problem with me, and I'm concluding that she's just some stuck up bitch. Probably hates men. You can never tell with the short-haired ones. Well, I wish her luck, because our company is still dominated by her faux oppressors: men.