Dirty Diana: Chapter 5

Chapter 5 

Friday

I sighed, after I found found my unnecessary nemesis in the way of the sink and cleaning her cup with a paper towel.

"Excuse me," I grumbled.

Diana turned her head but kept her eyes down. She stepped to the side and opened the refrigerator. Oh wow, a fucking response.

I had a bad night. My mother had another panic attack thanks to the rain, and I had to drive halfway across town to talk her down for the second time this week. Once again, I tried to reason with her about the downsides of living alone. It made more sense for her to move in with her sister who offered to take her in time and time again. The only upside to her having a fucking freak out is that she looks closer and closer to agreeing with me and my aunt about moving. However, once again, somewhere veering on the roundabout of reason my mother steered right back into fighting the option. I swear to god, I don't know what else has to happen for her to realize that her situation is unsustainable.

I finished rinsing my mug and moved to the left towards the coffee machine. I dug in my pocket for a k-cup.

"There are such things as reusable k-cups," Diana said, rummaging through the refrigerator.

My attention snapped to her. She gently closed the refrigerator door and tossed the wet paper towel before strutting away. I couldn't tell if she was being a bitch or if she was just fucking weird. Sucks that she finally had nylons on.

It always the weird ones who are super fuckable.