Dirty Diana: Chapter 17

Chapter 17 

Tuesday

"You know? I don't know what your problem is!" I shouted.

I pulled into the parking lot, practicing the inevitable verbal spar against Diana I knew would come one day. I had two nightmares last night. To add to that, I woke up with random back pain. "Cranky" was a mild description of how I felt until I parked. Now that I was at work and in public, I had to pretend I wasn't pissed about everything. Fuck it. My gut told me today would be trash, so I grabbed my work computer from the passenger's seat and marched into the building.

I got my coffee. Diana was there. I didn't say shit to her. I could not care less about anyone else right now.

An hour passed by when I raised my concentration from my monitor and saw Diana looking into my cube. I dragged my headphones back from my ears and raised my brows.

She squinted her eyes for a split second before revealing, "There is a meeting about the cloud integration. There is a question only you may be able to answer."

"Okay, what's the question?" I asked maintaining my dull disposition since the morning.

Her brow arched and she walked away. What the fuck was that? I rolled my eyes and huffed. Annoyed, I stalked after her into the meeting room.

"Just the person we're looking for!" Pascal cheered, gesturing I come in before she pointed to the spreadsheet on the screen. "Diana said that you were the best person to answer this question regarding the timeline."

Oh, am I? I shot a look at Diana, but she wasn't looking at me. She had her fingers crossed over her closed work computer and focused on the screen. I think I hate her.