Dirty Diana: Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Monday

It was safe to say that Emily wasn't as interested in seeing me again as I was for her. I saw she was online several times throughout the weekend, yet she never replied to my text asking if she wanted to meet up a second time. I didn't think I would feel this bad over her rejecting me, but I ended up cutting the Saturday night out with my buddies short. I didn't feel like hanging around other people, but of course, my mom called several times trying to guilt me into seeing her. I did go to see her on Sunday, but I didn't stay the night as she wanted.

My agenda for the day was to bury myself in work and finish the majority of my tasks where possible. I got a good seventy-five percent of my work done, and I was happy about it. I did need to get away from the computer though, so I figured I'd walk outside around the building to catch some fresh air. The weather was nice.

The moment I stepped out, I shoved my earbuds in and noticed someone approaching from my peripheral. I pretended I didn't see Diana, just like she refused to see me. It's almost been a month, and I still can't figure out what her problem is with me. Once she strode past, I did take a look at her. She was in a tight pencil skirt and that jade blouse I remember her wearing on the first day. She had on sneakers though. For once, I had to agree with her intentions. It was nice to get up and walk around the building to clear your head. I think she was trying to vacate the wrong thing though. She should focus on the stick up her ass– her incredibly nice ass.