Chapter 32

Henry's POV:

I practically jumped out of the car and there she was, Gwen. She played with a knife in her hand, her green eyes lifeless and emotionless. She looked up and the glimmer of hope I once saw, was gone. She took the knife and closed her eyes, I immediately grabbed her wrist.

"No, don't stop me. Henry." She whispered, her voice soft and lifeless.

"There's no point, no one ever loved me. They lied to me. No wonder Brody left me." She replied. 

"I'm merely just a toy, I'm not a princess. I don't deserve anything." She replied again. Her eyes were still closed as tears dripped down her face.

"That is not true," I replied, practically snatching the knife and throwing it somewhere far from her.

"It is." She replied, her eyes finally opened. I cupped her face, looking into her eyes.

"You made mistakes, but that doesn't mean they define you. You're not a label or a toy. I don't know who told you that, but they are utterly stupid for saying those things to you." I replied. I was not going to give up on Gwen. 

"I never gave up on you Gwen and you never gave up on me," I replied. I felt myself get teary at the sight of her like this. 

"I'm adopted." She whispered, her eyes lowered and I could see the aura of shame fill through the air.

"Everyone lied to me." She whispered again. "I don't see why I would want to live anymore." She whispered. 

"Gwen, listen to me." My fingers lifted her chin so that our eyes were both looking into each others'.

"I want you to live," I replied. 

"I want you.... to be beside me." 

"I want you..." 

Gwen's gaze lowered once again and she shook my fingers away from her chin. 

"No, you don't." She replied, sternly.

"You may not think your perfect, but you are perfect to me. Your flaws are counted as perfection to me, I have accepted you for who you are. I love you, Gwen and I can never stop loving you." I took her lifeless body into my arms. 

"I love you so much that I can never seem to let you go. The first day at school, when you walked up to me...I blew you off, but I only blew you off because I saw the fake facade. You wore a mask and I easily saw through it. I hated fake people, but once I got to know you. I fell for you." I couldn't help but hug her tighter. I whispered these things into her ear as if it would just get straight to her heart and she'd process every word.

"You are not a player. You are not a toy. You are not those things. I know who you are Gwen and if I'm the only one that could see that then I will shout to the whole world so that they could see it too." 

"You are beautiful, you are wonderful. You are the type of girl, I read in books. Except for Twilight, obviously." Gwen laughed at that. I smiled, I was getting to her. I still held her close, "I want you to know that I love you and that is not a lie at all. Brody loved you, really. He really did, Gwen. He didn't want to leave, I know. He tried masking his words with venom but I could see between the lines. I could see the truth he was trying to hide, he wanted to stay and his little sister, she loved you too. She had told me to take care of you and to make sure that no other little sister gets to play dolls with you." Gwen cried lightly at that, I broke the hug and bent to her eye level. 

"Gwen Parin was no ordinary girl, she was beautiful...at first she thought it was because of the outward appearance that made her beautiful but she was wrong, she was beautiful on the inside." 

"She always hid behind that mask, but I saw it. I saw everything, she didn't see and I fell for that girl. I fell for Gwen Parin." I whispered the last few words before leaning close to Gwen. 

"Gwen, we may not be perfect in everything and we will have obstacles that will come into our lives but that does not mean, we run away from those obstacles. We fight it, with every blood and sweat we got because we have no idea when we will die but we can always remember to fight for every second, every day just to live the life we were given." 

"Gwen Parin, Will you be my girlfriend?" 

"Yes." She whispered, we both stood straight and I pulled her close to me. I leaned close towards her and we both passionately kissed. She was my first kiss and damn, I'd never take that moment back..ever.

------------------------------------------

Author's Note: 

I must say, I never completed a book before because it was always hard to say goodbye to the characters and the story, but all stories have to come to an end whether you want it or not and I must say I love all of you for reading this book.  

I'll be writing new books and well, developing new techniques in new stories. I can't believe I finished the book, I mean woah. dayum. If I had to be honest, this book really..I ....don't know what to say. I'm just so happy and sad that it's done. 

Thank you guys so much! I really love you all, thank you for being part of this journey with me and though it hurts, we all have to say goodbye. I just really don't know what to say but thank you for everything. 

"The inspiration was from the choices I made and that was hard."-G 

Love you. <3