Chapter 7

Brody's POV: 

I couldn't stop thinking about Gwen, I remember the times we'd just cuddle in the winter time and when we would always text each other and call. I felt so lifeless, so dead...I thought she actually loved me. "Brody..." My little sister entered my room, I lay on bed with tears down my eyes. "Brody...." She whispered, she edged closer towards my bed and tugged my shirt.

"Don't cry...you'll make me cry...." My little sister Hazel. Her eyes got watery. I immediately got up from my bed.

"Hazel, give me a hug..It'll make me more happier." I whispered. Hazel leaned into a tight hug, "Why did Gwen break up with you?" She asked.

I felt more tears down my eyes...I tried not to choke on my tears. I didn't want to her to find out this way.  I just sighed and broke the hug apart, giving her a kiss upon her forehead.  "She just needed some time...." I whispered. I saw a tear drop down her eyes and she started crying, "what's wrong? " I asked as I tried to keep calm but I also was breaking inside.

"Does that mean she's not going to play doll house with me anymore? " I felt my heart shatter to even more pieces. Everytime Gwen went to my house, she'd always play little games with my little sister...I'd always admire that fact. I held my sister in my arms and patted her hair softly, "It's going to be okay..Hazel..It's going to be okay." As I said that, a tear dropped down my cheek. I needed to go school...

Gwen's POV: 

My brother dropped me at school and it was the same usual thing, except...well... Brody wasn't the one that greeted me with a hug this time. I felt a bit bad about it but decided to not let the guilt eat me up.

Melissa and Lily made their way towards me, "Hey, Gwen!" Melissa hooked her arm on one of my arm and the other was hooked with Lily. "Babe, what happened? Why did Brody break up with you?" Lily asked. I placed their arms away and prepared a show.

"Oh, babes....it was so horrible. He texted me ...saying, we couldn't be with each other anymore!" I replied as I pulled a sad face.

"Don't worry, he wasn't worth it. Ohmygosh. What a jerk, you guys been dating for two years and he just texts you? So low." Melissa replied as she gave a disgusted face.

"I know right!" Lily replied also.

"Yo, dude. Brody, are you okay?" I heard a jock from behind me ask Brody. I turned around and saw Brody, he had eye bags under his eye proving he wasn't sleeping and it looked like he just cried in the morning. His blue eyes seem to have lost all meaning to it...it also seemed...lifeless.

I glanced back at Lily and Melissa, "Why does he look more sad than you?" Melissa asked as we continued walking away from the scene.

"He said sorry because he was drunk when he texted me....but like I didn't forgive him. It's his fault. Not mine."  I replied angrily. Lily and Melissa's eyes widened.

"What?" I asked, as I flicked my hair. They stayed quiet for awhile and we decided to part because we needed to go to our classes. I made my way to my first class, english. I smiled...I knew Henry was in this class so I couldn't help but feel excited with this. I made my entrance into the class and everyone stared, some looked at me in awe and some just admired me from afar but there was just that one...that wasn't paying attention. Henry. I took a seat next to Henry and glanced at him, smiling. "Hey, Henry...how are you doing?" He looked up from his book and placed his book down. Wow, that's something new. "Didn't I tell you not to talk to someone when they're reading a book?" His eyes glared at me. I still continued to smile, "Really....Since when?" I asked as I leaned my hand agaisnt my cheek. This was highly amusing. He glanced to the front and sighed, raising a hand. My eyes widened, what is he doing? 

"Yes?" Mr. Morgan asked. The whole class stayed quiet and watched as Henry started speaking.

"I'd like to move to the other tables, the sun is hitting my face and well, my neighbour is really distracting me." He replied for the whole class to hear. When he had said neighbour, he glanced directly at me. I sat straight up and glanced to the teacher, giving him the look to say 'no'.  I gasped, he just said no?! 

He sighed and looked back to Henry, "Sure thing, but I'm sorry Henry...you can only move to the seat in front of Miss Parin...that is, if Mr. Benson would want to leave his spot." I then glanced back at the person in front of me and sighed, it was Brody. Brody got up from his seat and grabbed his bag, "I don't mind." He replied as he walked towards Henry. Henry got up from his seat and went to sit in front of me, I bit my lip. I can't believe it... I'm next to my ex-boyfriend and my new little toy is in front of me. I sighed, well..this is going to be an interesting year. After school had finished, Brody had pulled me to the field behind school...I didn't want to go but he kept on pestering me about it.

"Okay, what is it?" I asked as I glanced at the floor angrily. "You chose Henry over me, huh? Your new little toy...I'm just one of your old toys aren't I?" Brody yelled. I sighed and looked him into the eye, "Yeah...so what?" I replied as I folded my arms. 

"So what?! Well, I'm not going to let you have him as your 'new little toy'! Because of you, Hazel doesn't have someone to play with anymore!" He yelled , his voice echoed throughout the whole field. I forgot about Hazel....I bit my lip.

I stayed quiet for a bit and thought of something to say, "I'm sorry Brody but I can't always be there for Hazel, I can't be with you anymore. We're not meant to be." I whispered the last part, his eyes grew watery. I sighed and started to walk back to the front of school. I felt someone grab me and push me agaisnt the wall, Brody pinned my hand agaisnt the wall.

"Brody, let go of me!" I shrieked. A tear went down his cheek, "I know you love me Gwen...I know somewhere along the lines, you felt something for me." He whispered. I stayed quiet and tried to process what he said but before I could, he slammed his lips agaisnt mine placing his hands on my cheeks.I hesistated to push him away but I let my hands drop to my sides, my eyes flickered close and I kissed back.He pulled away and I opened my eyes. We were both breathing heavily and staring into each other's eyes.

"Please tell me...you felt something." He whispered softly as he caressed my cheek.

'No, Gwen...this will ruin your reputation, he has softened. Everyone will think your just going out with the 'soft' guy, but if your with Henry then you can still keep that position of Queen Popular.' My conscious whispered.  

I looked at Brody in the eye and smirked.

I pushed him away and took a deep breath, "Look at you, Brody.Your not popular...anymore..Your soft now. I don't date guys that aren't popular." I replied as I flicked my hair, I walked away and jumped into my brother's car. I felt Brody's eyes burn holes at the back of my head, I glanced at him and I could tell by the looks of it..he was really really angry.