Chapter 5

Gwen's POV: 

I heard a crash but I didn't look up...I was probably going crazy. I heard footsteps coming closer towards my way, I looked up ... my vision wasn't clear because of tears.. I blinked and I jumped to my feet. 

"Henry?" I wiped my tears away, I must look so ugly. I grabbed my mirror from my bag and checked my face. I had mascara running down my cheeks and my lipstick was smudged. I turned around and dropped my mirror, feeling so vulnerable in front of him was so embarassing. 

"Don't look at me!" I yelled. He stayed quiet, I grabbed my make up bag and started wiping my face with the makeup removal wipes. I sniffed and blew my nose on a tissue."I'm ugly!" I replied...I've never said that before. I gasped and looked down. I grabbed my lipstick and mascara. "Don't.." Henry's hand grabbed mine softly, he took the lipstick and mascara then threw it to the floor. I gasped, that was my favourite products...they were so expensive.

"Looks don't matter, it matters  what's in the inside. You don't need to impress anyone." He replied as he looked at my face. I glanced away then back at him,

"Looks are important... No one cares about what's in the inside! I don't need to impress anyone because they're already impressed by my looks!" I replied with a smile. He pushed his glasses to the bridge of his nose, he took his phone out of his pocket and dialled for the car insurance company. "Fine then." He replied as he started walking back. I immediately ran after him and placed my two hands to stop him from walking any further. He raised an eyebrow and pushed my hands away. "Hello, yes...I needed help with my car, I had accidentally ran it over on a gate and It seems to have broken an engine. Um...yes, I'm on Spring Rd....yeah...yeah..it's the open field. Thank you." After Henry had finished his phone call, he placed his phone back into his pocket. "This is going to give me such a bad reputation...for missing school on the third day!" Henry replied as he started walking towards his car. 

"Wait!" I yelled as I held onto his arm. He glanced back, "what?" 

"I broke up with Brody..." I whispered. He turned around and raised his eyebrow, "What do you want me to do about it?". I gulped and took a breath..."I broke up with him...for you." I replied. His eyes flashed with something I couldn't figure out, he sighed and turned to continue walking towards his car. "That's stupid." He simply replied. 

Henry's POV:

Gwen had broke up with her boyfriend just for me...? Well, I've never met someone so desperate for attention. I sighed and looked into her green eyes. "That's stupid." I simply replied. I went to the back of my car and pulled out my snacks from my bag. "What...did you just say?" She asked, she was breathing really heavily. "I said, that's stupid....I don't like you. Can't you get the hint?" I simply replied as I chomped on my apple. "No one...ever rejects me!  Are you gay or something?" She blurted out. Ouch, that hurt. "I'm not gay...just because one guy in the entire guy population doesn't like you, does not automatically mean they're gay. It doesn't work that way." I chomped on another bite of my apple. She stomped her foot on the grass angrily, "Well, THAT'S NOT TRUE BECAUSE EVERY GUY LOVES ME!" She yelled. "Except me." I replied once again. I thought again...why was she crying? 

"Why were you crying?" I threw the apple core into my bag , to throw it later on. Her face immediately changed into a sad one, she glanced at the floor. "None of your business." She whispered. I don't know why but I pitied her...The car insurance company finally arrived and fixed my car. I smiled and thanked them so much. Gwen had her bag and was still looking to the ground, I hated this. "Get inside the car." I replied. She looked up but she obeyed and went into the front seat. I pushed my key into ignition, "Since we skipped school...let's go somewhere and for once...just forget our problems." I replied as I started my car. I glanced at Gwen and I know for sure...she was actually smiling....genuinely.