Chapter 11

Gwen's POV: 

I guess, luck has turned to my side. I was here alone with Henry Anderson, I knew the Janitor would be locking the school doors at this time. Thank goodness Henry didn't actually leave the school, or else this would of turned pretty awkward. Henry was texting someone, but I didn't know who. Who's the girl? 

"I thought you didn't have a girlfriend." I replied a bit jealous that he had someone. 

"I'm texting my brother...I don't have time for relationships..." He replied as he sighed in frustration.

"You have a brother? Oooooh~ What's his name?" I asked as I hopped into a chair right next to Henry's. He went quiet for a bit, he placed his phone back into the pocket. 

"Why don't you have a serious relationship...? I mean why do you...flirt with every boy you see?" Henry glanced at me, his hazel eyes was burning with lots of curiosity. The question took me out of suprise, but I thought for the answer. 

"It's fun... Having a serious relationship is too well, hard for me. Love is complicated, it can hurt you and well I don't want a relationship where it's too serious." I replied. Henry looked suprised about my answer, he coughed and looked away. He suddenly grabbed a book from his bag, I glanced to the side to see what he was reading. I jumped from my chair, scaring him in the process.

"OH MY GOSH! THAT'S TWILIGHT!" I yelled as I started fangirling. Edward is such a hottie, I wish he existed...if he did, I would of dated him. 

"I have no other books with me..." He whispered, he seemed pretty embarassed about reading the book. 

"Hey, that 'How To Kill A Mockingbird' does not have romance in it at all! I actually have it here." I replied as I took the book out of my bag. He placed his twilight book down and studied the book I was holding. 

"Do you find it interesting though, even if it doesn't have romance?" He asked. I stayed quiet..to be honest, the book was really touching...but I really didn't want to say that..especially not in front of him.

"It was....okay, I guess?" I was about to place the book back in my bag but he snatched it out of my hands. 

"This is my book....It's my favourite. I don't see why you wouldn't find it interesting at all, but I guess you are like those typical girls that are nothing but fakes." He simply replied as he started to read the back of the book. 

"I'm not fake!" I replied back to my defense. He shook his head, "You totally are." 

"No, I'm not! I'm real. I didn't do plastic surgery...ever!" I sat back down and glanced out the window. It was raining. I've always hated the rain. 

"Aren't you going to text your mum or dad?" He replied as he placed his book back on my table. 

"Their working." I pulled out my phone from my bag and clicked on the app wattpad. 

Henry's POV: 

I grew curious of what Gwen was doing, so I decided to lean and study what she was doing closer. I snapped back to my position when she snapped her head towards me. 

"What?" She asked. She locked her phone and placed it back into her bag. 

"You...read?" I asked as I tried to process what I just saw. 

"Um...yeah. I'm not stupid or not educated." She replied as she leaned back onto her chair. She seemed really bored. 

"It's funny....you hadn't flirted with me at all since we got locked here." I grinned as I continued to read my Twilight Book. 

"It's gets boring sometimes..when the person that I'm flirting doesn't flirt back." She replied as she placed her shoes onto the table in front. 

"Well, that's something new." I replied as I placed my book down.

"That's great, you don't find me attractive." I replied again.

She laughed and glanced at me with her green eyes, "Who ever said that? You are so attractive." She replied as she pushed her chair closer to mine. I scooted away and glared at her, "Now..now...can't we just....be friends?" She whispered, I could tell she was trying to be seductive but it wasn't working. I know this was one of her plans to get closer to me, I sighed and got up from my chair.

"I'm sorry but...I know you don't think that way and I don't need friends." I replied as I placed my book into my bag. She gasped and looked at me with pity, "You've never had a friend, have you?" She asked as she sat back down to her seat.

"So what? It's better without them." I replied as I sat back down on my previous seat. 

"Don't you ever feel...lonely though?" This was weird, was the 'Gwen' actually caring? I shook my head and glanced at her, she was staring at me this whole time but it wasn't a look of being flirty or that, it was a look of 'care'. She glanced forward breaking eye contact then sighed, "I remember this time on my 10th birthday, my friend had bought me a friendship necklace..I loved it... It was a heart that was in half that said , 'Best' on it..she had the other one. That one said, 'Friend'. I cherished that necklace so much....but sadly she had to move schools and that meant I was never able to see her anymore.." I saw her get teary. 

"I still remember the times we would hang out so much, she was my bestfriend. I could tell her anything, we were together through thick and thin. To be able to have such a friendship is the most beautiful gift, I've ever receieved. Her being there for me was enough and when she left....I just felt so alone." A tear slowly dropped down her cheek. She quickly wiped it and faced towards me, "It's true...I actually did want to get you as a 'new' toy but...I wonder what it'll be like....if I had a boy that was actually a bestfriend.." She whispered. I took a deep gulp and glanced down. Should I give her a chance....Should I ..trust her? I took a deep breath and glanced back at Gwen.

"Okay..." 

I'm going to make a friend...

and it's going to be Gwen...