Chapter 26

Gwen's POV: 

"Remember me?" Another voice called out. It DID sound familiar, but it really scared me. The person walked towards the light and removed his sunglasses. The lip piercing, nose piercing, that dreadful long black emo hair. I noticed the new tattoos along the side of the person arms. 

"I'm back...Baby." The green eyes pierced venomously into mine. He leaned closer towards me and placed a cold blade agaisnt my neck. 

"GWEN!" I launched up and fell to the ground. My heart was pumping so fast, I was scared it was actually going to launch out of my chest and onto the floor. Before, processing what was going on ... I took huge long deep breaths and tried my best to acknowledge where I was. 

"Gwen.." The voice sounded familiar and it brought me to tears. I got up from where I was and immediately hugged the daylights out of my mother. She patted me softly and tried to shush me.

"What happened?" I asked, as I still held onto my mother for dear life. 

"I told you not to stay up watching scary movies. I can't believe you were still hoping to go school after that." My mother replied sternly.

"I-I-I-I'm sorry......" I whispered as I tried to calm myself down.

"Didn't I tell you? Conjuring is just too much for you, yet you still gave in. You worried me, Gwen. Thank goodness, Henry was there." My mother pointed towards Henry. He was sat by reading a book and listening to music with a pair of earphones. 

"He..doesn't know your awake, but he seems like a nice boy." She smiled and winked at me.

"Yuck...AS if. I have Brody." I replied with a grin. Her face dulled, "Um...Sweetie. Brody...he, how do I say this without hurting you?" She questioned. I broke the hug away and eyed her suspiciously, "What...happened?" I asked slowly. 

"He had to leave to stay with his grandparents. His mother and father left without a trace a day ago and well, he didn't know what to do. He decided to stay with Henry, but he couldn't stand it. He had to call his grandparents." She whispered. 

"WHAT?!" I yelled. Henry immediately dropped his book and took his earphones off, he picked the book from the floor and placed it to his side. I just eyed my mother, getting a bit teary.

"This must be a lie..because it can't work that way!" I yelled again. My mother tried to hug me and calm me down, but I pushed her away.

"His grandparents live in RUSSIA! DO YOU KNOW HOW FAR THAT IS?!" I yelled once again. She glanced to Henry, he got up from his seat and decided to take me out for fresh air.

"Henry...he can't just leave me here..without a goodbye. He can't just leave it like this." I replied as I felt tears drip down my eyes.

"Gwen, things happen. You can't always expect life to go your way, his parents divorced and left without a trace. What is he suppose to do that in that situation?" He replied. It was so true but it hurt me right in the heart.

"Why couldn't you let him stay with you?" I replied as I tiredly punched him. He took a hold of my hand and eyed me, "Because...that was his decision." His hand intertwined with mine and he started walking somewhere. I really wanted to let go of his hand but I was too tired to refuse. We neared to a curb and I saw his car. He glanced back at me, "You want a proper goodbye..then you'll get it." He replied. We both jumped into his car, "Don't give up too easily, Gwen. That's not like you at all." He turned to wink at me before starting his car. 

Brody's POV:

I walked slowly towards the airport, making sure to drag the two bags behind me carefully. Hazel was awfully too quiet, I just hoped she hadn't figured out anything so quickly but I knew...she already figured it out. Hazel, was sure a smart girl. Her little shoes patted as slowly as mine, but her one was falling way behind because my legs were too long for her to catch up. I stopped and reached for her hand, she looked up with her sad eyes and pouted. I only felt my heart break even more, we finally reached the line. Glancing back, I saw the last of America...the past was now going to be forgotten. I was finally going to leave everything behind, if only...they didn't betray us. 

Henry's POV:

Gwen was awake the whole time, she seemed like she needed the rest but everytime her eyes closed just for a second, she'd immediately wake up. I skillfully parked at the curb and rested for a moment. She just got out without a word and started running. I closed my eyes and remembered what Brody had told me. 

"I'm not going to stay here anymore." Brody replied as he started to pack the clothes he had into his suitcase. 

"What, how about ...Gwen?" He continued packing, "Just don't tell her about this." 

"What?! So you expect her to find out  by someone else that wasn't you? Don't you love her?" My fists clenched and I actually thought Brody was a decent guy for once. 

"This is different. She has to let go of me and I need to let go of her." 

 "How is it different?" He did a huge deep chuckle, "I'm the one dumping her now.." The chuckle was laced with something I couldn't quite place my finger onto. This huge event was one of those events that just placed Brody's world upside down. 

"I'm going. It was nice meeting you, Henry." 

Gwen's POV: 

My footsteps were firstly steps, but as I grew closer towards the line...it grew to huge launches. The only thing in my mind, was Brody. I wanted to know why he never told me anything, I caught up noticing the brown ruffled hair and tall body structure, nearly entering the plane. I was about to go past , but the lady stopped me and asked for a ticket. That was then when I realised the little girl beside him.

"Hazel!" I yelled. She turned around, my heart beated fast as I waited for her to come running towards me but she just stared at me and turned away. Brody turned too, but he kept a long stare. He bent to Hazel and whispered some words, I couldn't obviously hear. She nodded and continued to walk inside the plane, he took slow and small steps towards me. The woman beside didn't say anything and continued to check other people's tickets. 

"Brody....why...do you have to leave? Why can't you be with me? I thought we were going to have another go at this. You can't just leave me." I replied, my voice was shaky and I had no idea how I was still breathing.

"Gwen, things happen and I gave you that second chance, but we can't do this anymore." I tried to ignore that sentence but it left a huge impact to my heart. I was lost for words, I neared closer towards him and hugged him. I was half expecting his arms to close me in an embrace but he just stood still. My arms let go and I took a step back.

"B-B-Brody...please don't leave me...." I whispered, I felt tears down my eyes. 

"I'm sorry, Gwen but I have to." He paused and looked to the floor, but back into my eyes again.  

"There will always be that particular person who you want to stay in your life, that particular person who you thought they'd be there all the time but no, fate doesn't work that way because no things can ever go someone's way. It doesn't work like that. All things come to an end."

My heart was slowly breaking and I was finally getting the pay back, karma was giving me. He placed his hand on my shoulder and looked me in the eye, "Goodbye Gwen."

With that simple sentence, he swiftly turned around and took long steps towards the plane. He never turned back.