Chapter 30 - Christmas Eve

I was ecstatic. It was Christmas Eve and I was surrounded by Taylor’s family, which was making me extremely happy. I would have been happy with just Taylor but a small family gathering was a nice bonus.

I was feeling great. My hair was up in a stylish bun, my makeup was bringing out the shape of my face and was perfect for the occasion. I was wearing a quite formal burgundy dress that I accessorized with the jewelry set that Taylor had gotten me in Milan and golden heels. My nails were shiny and clean, just like I liked them.

Being satisfied with the way I looked was important for me. It gave me confidence and reassurance.

The house was beautifully decorated. Jennifer really went all the way in and turned their home into a magical Christmas world. There was a gigantic tree in the entrance that was almost reaching the ceiling, the railings were illuminated with white lights and the dining room was ready to host our starving selves. Another Christmas tree was set in the living room, this one surrounded by presents.

I had the pleasant surprise of meeting more members of Taylor’s family: her grandparents. I wasn’t expecting it and was a bit embarrassed to be honest. The first reason was that I didn’t find them super excited to meet me. I was a little confused but I figured they were maybe uncomfortable with the fact that Taylor was with a woman. I knew it wouldn’t change anything for us but it was quite upsetting to feel their judging eyes on me all the time. I put it on the generation gap and decided not to pay too much attention to them.

“You want more champagne?”, Taylor asked against my ear and placed her hand on my bare thigh.

I turned my head in her direction, glanced down at my almost empty glass and looked back into her mesmerizing blue eyes. I wanted to accept her offer because I wanted to enjoy tonight, but my headaches had been getting awful and I didn’t want to make them worse with alcohol.

“Maybe later. I’m good for now”, I whispered and smiled in appreciation as I put my hand on top of hers. Her skin was so soft and delicate.

“It was very hard to decide which present to give you”, she confessed in a small sweet voice.

“I didn’t even need anything to begin with”, I said chuckling and thought about my own presents for her.

I'd decided to go for the Versace one with the sweatshirt inside, the phone cases and the snowglobe. A small attention for the public and the rest for later. My wrappings were very pretty. I'd used the reindeer paper for the small box to make it cute and the gold one for the sweatshirt. I'd attached a card just to address a few words to my princess.

“Tay”, I called softly to be sure I kept her attention and leaned towards her ear. “I didn’t know about your grandparents. I don’t have anything for them”, I whispered discreetly.

“Don’t worry, I took care of it and signed for both of us”, she whispered and dropped a gentle kiss on my cheek.

This simple gesture spread tingles all over my body. I just loved this proximity. I hadn't been attentive towards Taylor’s needs ever since the incident and I was starting to feel guilty about it. The most intimate we got was in the bath and we didn’t go further than some groping. I knew she completely respected my space and boundaries but I also knew that she was hurting. It was time for us to finally move forward.

I wanted to take advantage of Christmas to show her I was done moping around and being depressed. I was determined to enjoy these couple of days with her and make them special and unforgettable for her. We both deserved to spend the most magical of holidays. And by that I meant rekindle our temporarily lost intimacy.

I discreetly scooted closer to Taylor on the couch to be almost squashed against her and I leaned my chin on her shoulder as my arm circled her waist. I would have straddled her and squeezed the hell out of her but that wasn’t appropriate considering our surroundings. Her smell was divine as usual. I was able to breathe directly next to her neck but I was breathing slowly just in case I emptied all the stocks of floating fragrance.