Prologue

*Explicit content (rape, violence, suicidal thoughts). Do not read this story if you are sensitive to these topics. *

My name is Brooklyn Robert. I’m 17, head cheerleader since my freshman year, I have fair grades and people always compliment me on my looks even though I see myself as completely ordinary.

I have to admit that my life includes indeniable advantages. My mother, Laurence Robert - pronounced in French s'il vous plaît - is a worldwide renowned fashion designer, meaning that I have quite a lot of pocket money along with a huge property to my disposal. For a teenager who just gets started in life, those assets may lead one to believe that I have all the tools to be happy and successful.

But I'm not.

First of all, I happen to feel very lonely. My mother being constantly on the road for her career, my company is reduced to Linda, our housekeeper, and the occasional workers who take care of maintaining the garden and my cars. As for paternal figure, I have none. Apparently my father was a colonel who died in service before I was born, hence why I carry my mother's name.

In addition to my loneliness, which has made me develop quite a cold hearted character, I feel poorly understood. At school, they only see me as the superstar. They treat me like a queen because I give them fake smiles all day long. But what they ignore is that they come home to a lovey house and I come home to silence.

I have no one.

Let’s not exaggerate. I have Lisa, my childhood best friend. Even though we've known each other our whole life, I always felt as if there was this barrier between us. Ever since she spilled one of my confessions to the person interested and put me in deep shit, I've lost trust in her. There was something broken between us.

And lastly, I have a “boyfriend”. Justin and I first went out together when I was 15. There was never any spark between us but I kept going by convenience. A soccer player and a cheerleader together forming the it couple was the dream of every high school teenager.

But the dream quickly turned into nightmare. After the soccer team's win against their biggest rivals, one player decided to host a small gathering to celebrate. Justin drunk a little that night so I brought him to my house and put him to bed in a guest room.

Out of nowhere, I started suffocating in my sleep. When I opened my eyes, I was hit by the feeling that has been haunting me and will probably haunt me forever. I tried my hardest to scream, to kick, to defend myself, but he pressed me down and completely destroyed me. He took everything from me, from my innocence to my freedom.

As if he didn't hurt me enough, Justin revealed that he was keeping a video of that night. He's been blackmailing me ever since, saying that the video would get out if I dared talk. This video is the heart of all my problems, Justin's tool to force me into doing things against my will and keep me silent.

The problem with Justin is that he has no limit. He is relentlessly violent, drinks to excess, and consumes too many drugs for his well-being. And mine.

One day, I discovered that Justin had taken a further step into making my life a living hell. Without any reason, he decided to send nude pictures of me to the whole soccer team. To this day, I still ignore how or when he'd taken them, but the result was the same. The entire school got hold of it.

For me, the pictures were the final straw. They provoked such a wave of insults and harrassment that I went downhill. Their relentlessness killed the little motivation I had left. I reached the bottom so fast and so hard that I couldn't see a way out. I was trapped in a dark hole with no issue.

I was so tired that my only desire was to end it. I wanted it so bad that I swallowed two bottles of sleeping pills and I let myself be taken away by that haunting darkness.

But it didn't work. I'm still here, alive and ready to die.