Chapter 26 - Feel me

How I loved watching her sleep. It wasn't often that she slept more than me but I knew she needed the rest so much. I rolled on the other side to grab my phone and faced Brooklyn again to be able to take a picture of her.

I couldn't help myself. I probably looked obsessed but she was just so beautiful. And I really was obsessed with her, let’s be honest. When I saw the time, I assessed my options and decided to act. I was in my underwear already so I didn’t even have to waste time in the closet.

I texted Linda to tell her that I wanted flowers for Brooklyn. I specified which size of bouquet I wished, the colors, the types of flowers and told her to take Brooke’s credit card to avoid losing time. At least she knew where to get it. I’d make a transfer later.

While she took care of that, I got out of bed quietly and made my way out of the room discreetly. I noticed that she was already shifting uncomfortably so I thought best to hurry the fuck up to leave her alone the less time possible. You know, just in case.

I opened the fridge and took at least half of its content to lay them all on the counter. It gave me a clear view of the range available and was easier for me to pick what she could want. I made her a little bowl of fromage blanc that I knew she loved a lot, put several sorts of fruits in another bowl, prepared her a hot green tea and, last but not least, chocolate chip cookies.

I was hungry too after all.

“Miss Lawson”, I heard Linda call behind me. I spun around and observed the flowers she was carrying attentively.

I needed it to click. If I didn’t feel like it was perfect, I wouldn’t even bother giving it to Brooke. She only deserved the best. I approached her and took the bouquet from her to scrutinize it. It was very beautiful. The colors were not aggressive, they were soft and pleasant to look at. I envisioned her holding it and this image itself convinced me that it was a good choice.

“Thank you, Linda”, I said kindly and tucked the flowers under my arm to be able to carry the tray at the same time.

I quickly made my way upstairs and peeked in the room. My baby girl was missing and the shower was running so I had to think of another way to create the surprise. I mean, she’d still be happy even if she didn't wake up to the flowers and breakfast tray. I set everything on the nightstand and took care of making the bed as neatly as possible before placing the tray and flowers in the middle of the mattress to create a cute setting.

I obviously took a picture for my Snapchat and added a nice caption for her to see later before lying back on the bed to wait for her. I would've joined her in the shower but I wanted to give her some space. Maybe she didn't voice it out but I knew she needed some alone time to think and let her brain create all kinds of crazy scenarios. And I respected that. So I busied myself with my phone and let her all the time she needed.

“What’s all that?”, Brooke asked in an astonished voice. I raised my head and automatically smiled at the sight of her.

Her wet hair was gathered on one side and her body was only covered with a towel which was very pleasant looking. I couldn't believe how oblivious she could be as to how beautiful she was. She was legit a walking goddess. Everything she did was so spectacular and breathtaking.

“Surprise”, I said enthusiastically as I put my phone down on the bed and sat up quickly. She walked towards the bed excitedly and came on my side in order to sit down next to my legs.

“Tay, it’s so beautiful”, she said softly and lay a hand on my thigh as her happy face took in the scene in front of her.

“How did you sleep?”, I asked in my nicest voice and placed my hand on top of hers to stroke her smooth skin. I needed to touch her and feel her.