Chapter 5 - Igloo

“So you’re not actually together?”, Dr Divetto asked knitting her eyebrows in confusion.

“No but I’m gonna ask her to be my girlfriend”, I nodded in determination.

“What did the past two weeks represent for you then?”

“Not really a trial but maybe more like getting used to it”, I explained shrugging.

“Was it a choice?”

“I think Taylor really doesn’t want to rush me. She knows I’m totally devoted to her, she knows I envision myself with her, but she lets me the time I need to process all of it and I’m grateful for that.”

“So you’re now ready to officialize your relationship?”

“More than ever”, I said with a smile.

“Was there something else you needed to discuss before we finish?”, she asked kindly.

“Lisa won’t stop calling me”, I blurted out.

“Tell me about it”, she said raising her eyebrows in surprise.

“It started two weeks ago. She calls me several times a day. I never answer but she keeps insisting. I don’t wanna talk to her though. And never once did she leave a message to expose her reason for calling me.”

“Why don’t you want to talk to her?”, she asked in a neutral tone.

“She’s never here for the good reasons. I’m only good for driving her around in fancy cars, for paying her drinks, for popularity and parties. But what does she do for me? She talks shit behind my back, she betrays me every chance she gets, she never checks on me to ask if I’m okay. That’s not what I consider a friend.”

“Your exercise for next week will be to meet with Lisa and get things straight with her”, Divetto said in her serious voice.

“Alright”, I mumbled and nodded in understanding.

When I left the office, I texted Taylor to tell her I was leaving and quickly made my way home. I was thinking about my exercise. Honestly I wanted to get this over with as soon as possible to focus back on what truly mattered. Taylor.

The first thing I did when I came home was to run upstairs to my room and change into a bikini. The weather was so hot that my dress itself was too heavy and my underwear felt uncomfortable. I was worshiping my ponytail. I took my phone, my spray bottle, and went back downstairs, wanting to get something fresh to drink. What I did not expect was to find Taylor in my kitchen preparing a snack and looking like an angel in her white sundress.

“I don’t believe I hired a personal chef”, I said playfully as I approached the kitchen island. I set my stuff down before walking around it to join her side.

“I’m way better than a personal chef”, Taylor said cockily and raised her head to look at me, making us grin brightly at each other.

“But you don’t even cook”, I said chuckling and cupped her face to peck her lips.

“What was that?”, she asked raising her eyebrows.

“I just kissed you”, I said frowning in confusion. Was it not okay to kiss her?

“That was not a kiss. That was… a brush”, she said outrageously. I couldn’t control my own giggles as they resonated around the kitchen.

“Let me give you another one then”, I said between my giggles and brought our lips back together.

This time I let my lips really embrace hers as they gently moved in perfect sync. The overall feeling was insane. I had tingles all over my body, my heart seemed like it was singing and my ribcage was full of butterflies. And the more I kissed Taylor, the more I felt like that - among other things.