Chapter 6 - Stupid duck

"What do you think you're doing?", I asked furiously when Taylor released my hand as we entered the airport together. Was she serious?

"I just don't know how you wanna do it", she said softly.

"Are you with me or not?", I asked raising my eyebrows.

"Of course I am, but I'm not sure if this is the right setting to inform your mother about us", she said in her kind voice.

"You think I care about the fucking setting? No, I don't! I just wanna hold your hand and kiss you because this is what couples do, Taylor. I'm not gonna pretend or-"

"Taylor, is that you? What are you doing here?", I heard my mother's French accent ask from behind me. I gave Taylor a stern look but she walked past me to go greet my mom.

"Hi Laurence!", Taylor exclaimed excitedly and gave my mom a quick hug before turning back to me.

"Bonjour Maman", I said blankly and kissed her cheeks twice briefly.

"I didn't recognize you, Brooklyn! Your hair looks amazing!", she complimented and grabbed a blond strand. I let her do her thing and looked at Taylor who gave me an apologetic smile.

I rolled my eyes in annoyance and grabbed my mom's suitcase before bolting out, not leaving them enough time to catch their breath. I could hear their heels clicking behind me but I was focused on Taylor. Why would she want to hide like this? I did want to announce our relationship to my mom in accordance with standards but it frustrated me to have to restrain myself from acting normal with Taylor even for a simple fifteen-minute drive. It hurt.

I unlocked the car and opened the trunk to put the suitcase in while I let Taylor and my mom get settled in. To my biggest surprise, Taylor took the backseat and left my mom the passenger's seat. Taylor's seat. I glanced at her through the rear-view mirror and grabbed my sunglasses from the top of my head to put them on.

"Are you okay, chérie? You seem upset", my mom asked worriedly.

"I'm fine", I mumbled and started the car. I didn't waste any time, I stepped on the gas and sped off right away.

"So, tell me about your new hair!", she clapped her hands excitedly.

"Well, it's blond now", I shrugged nonchalantly.

"It suits her well, right?", Taylor asked in her sweet voice.

I glanced at her and almost melted at her expression. Her eyes were practically shining and her smile was so bright that it could lighten the whole city. She was so beautiful.

"Yes! You're ravishing, ma puce!", my mom exclaimed (sweetie)

"Will that be okay for your shows or will I have to change?", I asked blankly.

"It's perfect! The press will go wild! I swear you're gonna be sensational, especially with Jennifer and Taylor around you."

"We've booked the flights and rooms", I informed her.

"I know, Jennifer called me last night so she told me", she said chuckling.

"Okay", I mumbled and glanced at Taylor who was looking around uneasily.

Knowing what it was about and wanting to tease her, I stepped on the gas to go even faster and snickered at her panicked face. My mom didn't mind at all, she loved speed as much as I did, but Taylor was always very strict when it came to speed limits.

I slowed down a little to make her relax and we made it home shortly after - to Taylor's biggest relief. My mom said she wanted to take a shower so I helped her with her suitcase and went back downstairs where Taylor was waiting for me on the couch. I sat down and spun my body before lying down to make myself comfortable with my head on her lap. I could look at her better that way.