Chapter 29 - :poop:

"Do we fix a budget?", Taylor asked as we entered the shopping mall hand in hand.

"No", I said crunching my face in outrage at that question. I didn't like the idea of not being able to overflow Taylor with Christmas presents.

"Yeah, I wouldn't even respect it anyway", she said shrugging and swiftly moved our linked hands to pass her arm over my shoulder, making me spin around and face her. "Don't miss me too much", she whispered before pecking my lips gently.

"Be nice with Pete", I said softly and gave her another kiss before getting out of her embrace.

I was teamed up with Mike and Linda to do my Christmas shopping. I'll admit that taking care of that on the 23rd was a bit late but at least we were still on time. Taylor and I had decided on a mall where most of the brands were and agreed to go our separate ways to make sure we wouldn't see each other's gifts. I didn't have any present but I was already excited to wrap them. I had to pick the best papers and ribbons. And cards. I wanted everything. Since it was Taylor and I's first celebration together, and Christmas at that, I wanted to spoil her and make it memorable.

"Linda, I have a first mission for you", I announced once Taylor was out of sight. I immediately reached for my wallet to get some money. "I want to organize a cute activity for Taylor and I so I need you to buy everything we need to make Christmas cookies and cakes. Even the little decorations and stuff", I explained and gave her $200 to be sure she could buy literally everything.

"Alright. Do you also need recipes?", she asked as she put the money safely in her bra. Nice move.

"We'll figure that out later. Now go", I shooed her away and immediately spun around to face Mike. "Those big arms of yours will come in handy", I said and walked past him to officially start my Christmas shopping.

I had a few items that I'd spotted online so my objective was to see them in real life to make sure they were as beautiful as expected. The first one was a Fendi handbag that I saw on the website and caught my eye by how small and captivating it was. A small and discreet piece but with character. And I liked that. I was quite disappointed with the gift wrap that I found too simple and I didn't hold back from telling the cashier that they should take example on the other brands if they wanted to keep up with the best. Seriously. A yellow box with a ridiculous black ribbon in the corner. To make up for this plain packaging, I went to Chanel and got her an amazing watch that was wrapped in an exquisite black wrap with gold decorations.

That's what I'm talking about.

I decided that the next gifts would be wrapped by my own dedicated self to avoid displaying the brands in advance. I found a sublime Versace hoodie that was obviously put in a beautiful box but I would wrap the said box to hide it. I was conflicted between buying the piece for myself or for her but remembered that I could completely steal it from her, which resolved my problematic. At some point, I passed in front of a photographer who was offering a bunch of services. The best idea came to my mind so I called Linda.

"I'm just reaching the cash desk, Miss Robert. I shouldn't be long", she immediately said when she picked up.

"Okay, amazing. Once you've paid for the food, go put everything in the limo and meet me at the Disney store", I instructed and immediately hung up before entering heaven.

My idea had nothing to do with Disney but I had to busy myself while waiting for Linda to arrive. Being in there was just like a dream. I was touching and picking every single item, showing them to Mike who was just focusing on the bags and our surroundings. But I lost it when I found the perfect gift for Taylor. A Stitch onesie.

"Mike! Oh my god, look at this!", I exclaimed squealing and gasped as I touched the soft and cozy fabric.

I could so imagine Taylor wearing this while we opened our gifts or watched a movie all huddled up. I looked for the good size and hugged it against me in case anyone wanted to steal it from me. I would bite.