Chapter 29 - :poop:

Start from the beginning

I kept strolling through the store and stopped dead at the sight of a big wall full of phone cases. That was it. I got her one from Up with the small house and all the balloons, a black one that had a Swarovski diamond Mickey on it, a Vogue one with a drawing of Belle and finally a transparent one with only glitters and the glittery castle. That would look nice on her black phone. I had no idea of how I would wrap all of this. Luckily, I also got a box for the onesie so I figured I would just put the cases in there and wrap the whole thing. Smart.

"Miss Robert", Linda finally reappeared when we left the store which in itself was perfect timing.

"Did you get everything?", I asked expectantly.

"Yes but I had way too much money", she said a bit timidly and reached for her bra but I stopped her.

"Keep it for now. I got an idea and from that idea will come a new mission for you. But first we need to go see that photographer", I explained and linked arms with her to start walking. "You see, I read that they can print photos in small polaroid versions. So if I can get a good stack of those, I'd like to create a personalized photo album for Taylor", I continued to expose the idea to her.

"Why don't you make it a shared activity instead?", she asked and I gasped super loudly but she kept talking. "You start with the exact same empty album, the same amount of pictures, the same material, and at the end you swap them", she added and my mind went crazy.

"You're a fucking genius!", I exclaimed proudly and smiled excitedly before regaining my composure as we approached the photo studio.

The store looked very professional and serious. A few posters were displaying the services and I was impatient to discover what that person had to propose. The titles were extremely appealing, there were calendars, albums, canvases, pillows, mugs, puzzles. That was adorable.

"Hey! Can I help you?", a masculine voice called so I spun around and approached the counter hastily. He had the typical nerdy look.

"Hi. I would need to print some pictures and get some advice and info about your products", I said politely.

"Sure. For the pictures all you have to do is plug your phone to that machine over there and select whatever you want", he explained and pointed at a computer behind him so I nodded in understanding.
"What is it that you were interested in?", he asked nicely and bent down before placing a kind of booklet in front of me that he opened for me to look at.

"Is this your catalogue?", I asked a bit reluctantly.

"Yeah, we offer a whole bunch of personalized objects. That's very trendy for Christmas", he said and grabbed the magazine to flip through the pages before showing me the inside. "We have magnets, mugs, phone cases, snow globes. Pretty much anything", he shrugged and let go of the magazine to let me handle it.

I went back to the beginning and skipped all the photo formats because I had the computer for that. I wasn't interested in a calendar or any kind of frame but the snow globe was cute. Instead of snowflakes there were little red hearts flying around. That was a bit cheesy but I knew Taylor would appreciate a small gift like this with just a picture of us and love stuff. The phone case would have been a good option too but since I had the Disney ones I thought that was enough.

"What about photo albums?", I asked while turning the pages.

"We have two options of albums. Either you go for a book and we print the photos directly on the pages or you can go for the DIY option."

"Tell me more about the DIY thing", I requested and looked up to give him my attention.

"We sell those big albums", he looked under the counter and grabbed a black album that he put in front of me. "And as you see, it's all free to personalize. Even the front cover", he added and opened the album to show me the whole item.