20. DRUNKEN WORDS

Start from the beginning

"Aw, you're so nice," Brad coos, letting her unlock her door once they reach it. "You know, I can always get a ride home."

"It's fine. You can stay the night, I don't mind."

She opens the door and lets him go in first. They take off their shoes and coats and the first thing he does is grab her hand and spin her around, her back facing his chest as he kisses her neck.

"Since we're alone then," Brad says against her skin. She almost didn't decipher his words. "Why don't we take this somewhere else?"

His hands travel under her shirt and she almost lets out a quiet moan as his lips nipped at the skin on her neck.

She shakes her head, forcing herself off of him. "You're drunk, Brad, we're not having sex."

"Why?" He pouts. "I'm totally fine with it. You have my one hundred percent consent."

"You're still drunk," she says, though she kisses his pouty lips and runs her hand over his cheek. "I'm not gonna take advantage of that."

He sighs in defeat, nodding and letting her move away. She glances at the time.

"How about we get you something to eat and then you can go to bed, yeah?" She suggests and he nods with a grin, following her into the kitchen.

She begins making some toast while he sits at the kitchen island, swinging his legs back and forth.

"I miss my dog," he says randomly and she looks over her shoulder with a quirked eyebrow.

"You have a dog?"

"Yeah, her name's Jessica but I call her Jesse," he replies. "She's the cutest dog ever, I swear."

Summer smiles. "I always wanted a dog but my granddad was allergic so I never got one."

"I'll buy you a dog when we move in together."

"When we move in together?" She quotes him with a giggle, grabbing the toasted bread and putting it on a plate to butter. "You're getting a bit ahead of yourself."

"Well, how else am I gonna buy you a dog?" He asks her.

"Just seems a bit extra," Summer shrugs, handing him his buttered toast.

"Thanks," he says. "And I want to buy you a dog and then move in with you so that I can have my two favourite things in the same room."

Her heart warms at his words but she shrugs the thought off. He was drunk, he didn't know what he was saying. She didn't want to take his words too seriously, though she was still flattered by them nonetheless.

When Brad finishes eating, she helps him upstairs although he's sobered up quite a bit.

"You can sleep in my bed," she says, sitting him down on the edge of her mattress.

She was going to walk out and get him a drink for the morning but he tugs on her hand and pulls her back to him. She stood between Brad's legs and he looked up at her with soft eyes.

"Where were you going?" He asks, his hands tracing her hips lightly.

"Gonna get you a drink for when you wake up tomorrow with a headache," she brushes some loose curls back on his head and he closes his eyes, enjoying the feeling.

"Thank you, but fortunately I don't have hangovers," he hums, letting her continue to run her hand through his hair. "Lay with me, instead?"

"Let me get into some pyjamas, first," she kisses his forehead, enjoying having the flirtatious and soft boy in front of her.

It's not that she doesn't like Brad being forward and how he is, it's just a different side that she definitely won't complain about having with her.

He strips down to his boxers while she gets into some shorts and a tank top, taking off her bra. They get under the bedsheets and Summer rests her head on her pillow, looking into Brad's eyes.

"I really like noodles," Brad says quietly. "Not from the Chinese, you know the ones in those pots?"

"Pot noodles?"

"Yeah," Brad practically drools. "They're so fucking nice. Have you got any?"

"Don't think so," she says. "I can buy some for next time you come over though."

"Mmmm, yeah," he nods. "The beef ones only, though."

She laughs and he smiles at that before she turns around and switches off the lamp that's beside her bed.

"Okay, Brad," she says. "Go to sleep now. We can talk in the morning."

"We can do more than talk in the morning," he says. "Right? Because you didn't let us have sex tonight and that's not very nice. So we can have sex tomorrow morning?"

"We'll see. Go to sleep," she says, rolling her eyes playfully. Even while drunk, Brad's still forward. "Goodnight, Brad."

"Goodnight, peaches."

+*^*+