Chapter 33- Alot Going On

Jason's pov

I was walking back to school after taking my lunch break off campus when I heard shouting. I walked over to the woods where it was coming from. I heard crying. "Please don't do it, man!" I heard someone shout. I'm so confused. "Hey everything okay?" I call then I hear the distinct sound of a gunshot! I quickly run after the sound and found a guy I sort of know from school shot in the head and the other guy, who I don't know, crying. "What the heck?" I gape. "H-He killed himself. I was trying to get the gun away from him." Damn. I call an ambulance and rush to the kid's side. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, Chad." He whimpers sobbing. I hug him. "He... Was depressed. I.... I tried... To help him." A few minutes later, the ambulance and police get here.

*a few hours later*

The school ended up closing early. The kid was apparently popular. I didn't know him too well. But it still sucks. I call my girl as soon as I get home. "Hey hubby how's it going?" She says, making me laugh. "I like the nickname." I say laying down. I tell her about the kid. "Whoa. My God that's so sad." She says. "Did you know him?" "Only a little. We had the same chemistry period and art class." "Oh." I say, closing my eyes, tired. "I'm gonna take a nap before I get up and do this mound of homework." I mutter. She laughs softly. "I wish homework was the only thing I had to worry about." I sit up, wide awake and worried. "W-What?! What do you mean?" "Huh? You okay? Why are you so scared?" "I... I don't know." I mumble. "I just meant, I've got to work on plays and costume designs. It's a lot harder work professionally than when I was doing it back home." I'm relieved that's all it is. "I miss you." I whisper. "I m-miss you too." She says, sounding like she's about to cry. "Love you, wife." "Love you too, husband." I can't help but smile. She's an amazing girl. I'm so lucky she's mine.