Chapter 27- Other Sides Of The Country

Jason's pov

I was sitting at home, strumming my guitar, trying not to be sad. I miss her so much. I miss seeing her everyday at school. What's she doing?  I hope she isn't too stressed.

Miranda's pov

"And that's a wrap!" I say, smiling excited. "Before too long, you'll be directing movies instead of plays." Josh, a co-worker says. That sends chills down my back. "You really think I'm good enough for that?" I gasp shocked. He nods. "Oh yeah." Wow.

*A few days later*

I was reading about what the latest magazines said about my very first Hollywood play. They were calling it phenomenal. Especially since I'm so young. "I had all the odds stacked against me." I whisper nervous and missing Jason more than anything. He's my rock. I wish so badly he was here. My phone rings. "Hello?" "Babe, I read the tabloids. Your play was a smash hit!" Jason gasps excitedly on the other end. I smile. "They loved you!" "Thanks." I say. "It.... It sure was nerve-wracking." "You doin' okay?" "I... Yeah. I'm fine. It's just a little overwhelming and... I miss you so much." "I miss you too... So much. Windsor academy ain't the same without ya." I'd give anything to hear his backwoods talk daily. Everyone is so sophisticated here. "You haven't gotten too stressed, have you?" "No. I've already told Max if that happens to call you immediately." "I love you, Miranda." He whispers. I smile, fighting back tears. "I love you too, Jason. With everything I have. I'm a lucky girl." "You're.... You're still my wife right?" I want to cry hearing the fear in his voice. "Always and forever, Jason." "I can't wait to see you again." "Me too." I say. "I bet you're havin' fun up there?" I smile. "It's cool but not as fun as us hanging at the pond and jumping off of Flint bridge together." He laughs softly. "No matter where you go, you'll always be my camo queen." I wish he was here. There's a knock at the door. "It's time for the red carpet." Max. I clear my throat nervous and scared. "I've got to go. There's this red carpet thing." I murmur. "Stay calm, honey. Remember this is a good thing." It's so hard to keep that thought in mind when I'm so far away from the man I love. "I love you." I whisper, sad. "I'll always love you, babe." E makes me the happiest girl in the world.