Chapter 32- Love In The First Degree

Jason's pov

I ended up falling into a depression wallowing and started drinking at a bar. I know dad will have my ass if he finds out. And I really don't want to deal with a lecture on top of a hangover. Not even counting my mother's disappointment that I know she'll be. I sigh and lay my head in my hands. "I'm guilty of love in the first degree." I whisper sad and missing my girl. I sigh and trudge home. Mom and dad were both asleep on the couch. Oh man. They were probably up waiting for me. I know they've been worried about me the last few months. But I can't help feeling so lost. I don't know what direction to go. My dream.... Or my dream girl. Our conversation comes back to me. "No matter where we live, we will always be husband and wife." It's just so hard though. I walk into my room after regretfully grabbing another beer. I really need to stop drinking. I sigh, frustrated with myself. I'm caught off guard seeing a letter on my desk, addressed to me. I pick it up confused and smile, seeing my lovely girl's beautiful handwriting. I open it and my heart swells.

"Jason, you are the light of my life. My knight in shining aluminium foil. Our love is and will always be stronger than distance. Love your Secretive Juliet."

I almost want to cry. I stare at the unopen bottle and shake my head. No way. I put it back up and smile. "Thanks babe. I really needed that." I say, wiping a tear from my eye.