Chapter 2- Misdiagnosed

Miranda's pov

I wake up with my mom standing over me and a doctor beside me. "She just had a dizzy spell. She just needs to get more sleep and to eat normally. A girl like her probably skips a meal or two." I blush, seeing Jason in the doorway, smile slightly but with a twinge of worry in his eyes. "I'm fine then." I say throwing the sheet back and attempting to stand up but I'm still dizzy. "It's probably nothing and should wear off soon."

*Later*

My best friend paces my bedroom floor frustrated. "He didn't even run any tests! How do we know that's what's wrong with you?!" He gapes. I love how overprotective he is of me. "I'm fine, Jason. I feel fine." "That doctor doesn't even freakin' care!" I sigh. "Sit down and stop pacing!" I snap patting the bed. He sighs and sits on the edge of my bed. "Why're you freaking out?" He sighs. "I don't know. I've just.... I got a bad feeling. And you know me. I always go with my gut." "Well I'm fine. So stop freaking. Please for me." He smiles. "God, you're too pitiful, darlin'." He says shaking his head.

*A few days later*

I was directing last day rehearsals. "Places everyone places!" I get a text.

J: You're gonna do great tomorrow night.

I smile.

M: I hope so. Romeo and Juliet is my favorite play.

J: It's gonna be awesome.

He's always so supportive. "Ok. There we go. And action!"

Jason's pov

I was strumming on my guitar when my phone rang. "Hello?" "Is this Miranda's friend Jason?" I hear crying in the background. "Yeah. This is me. What's going on?" "Come to the hospital. Your friend really needs you right now." Then he hangs up. I stare at the phone confused, my heart racing. Why is she at the hospital?! I knew it was something worse!! "Mom!! Dad!! I'm going out!" I shout, racing to my dirt bike and driving as fast as I can. I run into her room. Her and her mother were crying together in a hug. "What's... What's going on?" I ask, out of breath. Her head shoots up. "Jason!" She whimpers crying harder. I walk over to her bed, worried out of my mind. "I.... I.... Y-You were r-right.... It was something serious." She was crying harder to where she couldn't talk. I hug her tight, worried and not knowing what's going on! "Jason, Miranda has stage 3 breast cancer." Her mom says, making every brain cell scream in horror. I stare ahead too shocked to even reply. My best friend has cancer and might die.