"Hey, time to get up, kiddo. Get your butt to school." His father says before walking away, leaving Stiles to get himself ready. Stiles sits up on his mattress and sighs in relief; beliving that this reality is truly real.

"And you couldn't wake up?" Scott asks in disbelief.

"Nope, and it was beyond terrifying." Stiles starts while him, Scott, and Katherine walk up the stairs towards the school.

"Ever heard of sleep paralysis?" Stiles asks and Scott shakes his head.

"I have," Katherine answers with a small smile, happy to put her good memory to use from her readings. "It's almost like a dream where you're about to wake up but then you can't move at all or talk." The girl explains.

"Oh yeah, I've had that." Scott says while the three step off the cement staircase.

"It happens because during REM sleep your body is basically paralyzed." Stiles adds on.

"It's called muscle atonia." Katherine explains.

"If you dream about running, you don't actually start running in your bed." Stiles confirms.

"That makes sense." Scott says.

"But sometimes your mind can wake up before your body does. So for this split second, you're actually aware that your body is paralyzed. And that's the terrifying part." Stiles says while the three walk up another set of stairs closer to the entrance of the building.

"It turns your dream into a nightmare. You can feel like you're falling, like you're being strangled, or, in my case, like you're at the center of a grove of magical trees where human sacrifices took place." Stiles explains while they step off the stairs and walk through a whole mess of teens.

They open the school doors and walk inside while a few others follow behind.

"Do you think it means something?" Katherine asks Stiles. He doesn't mention how she played a big part in his dream for fear of what she would think or say.

"What if what Scott and I did that night...what if it's affecting us?" Stiles questions as a suggestion as to why he's experiencing these nightmares.

"Post-traumatic stress?" Scott asks.

"Or something." Stiles mumbles.

Katherine goes to her first class while Scott and Stiles go to theirs together. The two boys sit down in their seats, Scott in front of Stiles like normally. The two unpack their things out in front of them to prepare for the class that will start any minute while the real Katherine runs through the halls looking for Stiles.