T H I R T Y - E I G H T

"Thanks for ruining my party Camari" Nia says walking out the room. I roll my eyes and look over at Breenan.

"Why you even here? Just because you're Breenan's sister doesn't mean you need to hang around us"

"Tori I'm really not going to say it again" Trevor says.

"Tori... stay mad" I said and she smiles at me.

"Don't tempt me... you know the story what happened to the last person who pissed me off, why do I still have to keep reminding you? Would you like me to play it out?" she says.

"Did you just threaten my sister?" Breenan says and we look at him.

"Chill..."

"No I'm not going to chill. Get the fuck out" Breenan says.

"It's Nia's party...."

"It's my place" he says.

"She's not going to let you"

"Take her with you then. You get the fuck out my house Tori and I mean it" Breenan says.

"Tori just get out" Trevor says. She stares at them then looks at me. She shakes her head and walks out the room.

"Camari come on I'm taking you home" Breenan says walking out the room. I start to follow him when Trevor grabs my arm and I look at him.

"I don't want to be alone tonight" I say.

"Okay" he says and I leave the room. I look over to see Desi and Aria talking to a couple of other girls. I go up to Desi as she looks at me concerned.

"You okay?" she ask.

"Yea, Breenan's going to take me home" I said and she stares at me.

"What happened?"

"I'll tell you later"

"Cam we can leave"

"No, stay. Breenan might want to talk so"

"Are you sure you're okay?"

"Yes, I'll talk to you later" I said smiling at her. I then turn around and I follow Breenan out the apartment then down to his truck. Once I was in, Breenan doesn't put on his seatbelt as he's pulling out of the parking spot. It was silent until Breenan let out a big sigh.

"It was high school... it was just high school man" Breenan says and I stare at her. "It was stupid, I know it was. But we're not kids. She's really going to jeopardize my career for a big mistake I made in high school?" Breenan says glancing at me.

"Breenan..."

"And let's say we do come clean. I bring us all together tomorrow and we spill out everything to each other. She still could fuck us over tomorrow at the job. We lose here Camari" Breenan says looking at me. "There is no way around it. We lose and we are meant to lose. It's only right that we do" he says.

"I'm sorry"

"It's not your fault" he says turning onto campus. "The day the police came to the house asking questions you were over at Desi's. I was steady lying to the cops so I didn't get in trouble. I was lying to mom and dad. We had Trevor and Nia lie. Then I ask mom and dad to promise not to tell you" he laughs shaking his head.

"Why?"

"Because I was the older brother. I know we fight here and there. But... I just wanted to be a good example? Or show you I had everything under control and I got you. I put on this act" he laughs as the car came to a stop.

"Breenan regardless what happens tomorrow, even if we hate each other, we're still siblings"

"I guess you're right" he says and smiles. "Now get out the car" he says and I laugh opening the door.