T W E N T Y - S E V E N

I see the outline of Desi and Breenan as they were leaned up on the car. Trevor goes to help Breenan lift the four-wheeler up in the truck and I get into the car to look at my phone.

"We should save up for a four-wheeler" Desi says getting in the car.

"With what money?" I say and she laughs.

"This was fun and... your brother rubbed his hand on my arm" she says.

"You do realize he's engaged?"

"I still have hope" she says and I laugh.

"Alright... close call" Breenan says as they get into the truck. I look out the window as Breenan starts the car. "Where to next?"

"Home... I told you I have a date" Desi says and Breenan laughs. I continue to stare out the window the ride back home. "Hey" Desi whispers and I look at her. "You okay?"

"Yea" I say and she stares at me. Trevor looks back and I glance at him before directing my attention to the window again. When we arrive to the dorm, I get out and went to Breenan's window. "Thank you" I say and he smiles.

"Next time... it's rock climbing" he says.

"You... rock climbing? Liar" I said and he laughs.

"Yea, I don't do that shit. Hey... you've been crying?" he ask and I stare at him.

"No... I got some dirt in my eye. But I'll see you later" I say walking away from the car. Desi says her goodbyes and we head up to the dorm. She runs to the bathroom, hurrying to start the shower. I laugh and went to plug my phone in the charger and grabbed some fruit snacks.

When Desi gets out the shower she goes to her bedroom and I follow her.

"What dress?" I ask.

"I'm actually going with jeans and a crop, with black wedges?"

"Cute" I smile.

"Did Trevor say something to you?" she ask randomly.

"What?" I laugh.

"Your whole vibe changed when you got back to the car"

"Desi... I'm fine" I laugh.

"Do you want me to stay?"

"Would you really?"

"No..." she said and we laugh. "I will if you need me to"

"I don't, have fun"

"Cami?"

"Bye" I said going to my bedroom. I grab some shorts and a tank then went into the bathroom. I start the shower up and I was excited to clean up. I felt sweaty and icky and this hot water feels amazing. I took my time in the shower and when I was finished I sat in my towel on the toilet. I was exhausted and needed to go to bed.

After I was dressed, I open the bathroom door when I hear a phone go off in my room and it stops. I roll my eyes because Desi is too sweet that she wants to stay with me but I wasn't having it.

"Desi... go on your date, I told you I was fine" I say walking to my bedroom when Trevor was sitting on the bed.

"She let me in before she left" he said and I stare at him.

"Can you get out please" I said.

"No"

"No?"

"The last thing I'll have you do is go to bed angry at me" he says. I take a deep breath as I wasn't in the mood to argue with him... again.

"Trevor, please... I just want to go to bed" I say.