Chapter Forty-Three

Start from the beginning

"If that's how you wanna play? Fine." I laughed. Slamming my foot down on the accelerator, the rear wheels of the car spun for a moment and a screech could be heard, along with the puff of smoke. Speeding up and changing gears, it didn't take me long to catch up to Hunter and Dara.

Sitting behind them for several seconds as cars came in the opposite direction on the other side of the road. I finally pulled out beside them, eyeing them with a smirk.

"Slow coach!" I yelled, hoping Hunter could hear me over his music.

Hunter rolled his eyes and again gave me the finger, but as he directed his eyes away from me and forward, he snapped his head back towards me. His normal happy expression had faded and a look of fear was visible on his face.

"Sue! Watch out!" He yelled.

Turning my head, I looked back towards where I was going. Seeing the truck coming towards me, very fast, I felt myself go into shear panic. Quickly swerving out of the way and off of the road, that's when everything went in slow motion.

The car was no longer steady and heading straight, instead, it had slipped to the side and was in fact moving forward, just not the right way. I was sideways. Everything seemed to have went dead silent, I had an eery high pitched noise filling my ears. I was fucked. I couldn't do anything to fix the situation I was in. All I could do was stare out of the window and watch it all unfold. Feeling myself being slammed into the door, my head rammed into the window and everything went black.

~

Angry's POV

Staring down at the newspaper as I stirred my coffee, I looked up to see Tommy standing in front of me. He looked like shit. Black rings around his eyes, pale, he also stunk like booze.

"You right there?" I pulled off my reading glasses.

"Man, do you think she is ever gonna talk to me?" Tommy asked leaning against the bench.

"Give her time." I answered with a nod.

"I've fucked up, I know I have. But Angry, I fucking love her. I can't help it. And now she probably hates my fucking guts-"

"Join the club." I laughed, shaking my head.

"It's not fucking funny! I'm being serious!" Tommy fumed.

"I suggest you fix your attitude." I sternly replied. "Have you forgotten? You're in my house, son." I glared at Tommy.

Before Tommy could answer, the phone from the lounge room began to ring. I hadn't heard that phone ring since I had ripped out the cord. Obviously Suzie-Q had plugged it back in. Or at least, someone did. Rounding the bench, I headed out of the kitchen and into the lounge room. There by the phone was Vince and the same sheila he had brought back from the club last night.

"Fucking hell mate, this house has bedrooms for a reason!" I hissed.

Vince pulled back from kissing her and gave me a smirk. "Yes sir." With that, he picked up the sheila and carried her pass me, heading towards the hallway and disappearing out of sight.

Picking up the phone, I let out a sigh. "Hello?" I asked, waiting for a reply.

"Angry? It's me." Nikki sounded on the other end.

"No shit. And no, I ain't getting you anymore." I state.

"That's not what I'm calling for."

"Than what do you want?" I frowned, listening patiently.

"I wanna talk to Sue-"

"She's not here, gone to work." I interrupted.

"Oh-" Nikki starts again, but I didn't hear what he had to say. I was too distracted by the front door ripping open, revealing a very distressed Hunter.

"Hunter, what's going on?" I asked, still with the phone against my ear.

"Angry you gotta come-"

"Slow down, what's wrong?" I frowned.

Hunter took a deep breath and nodded his head. "It's Sue-"

"What happened?" I demanded, without giving him the chance to finish his sentence.

"She's been taken to hospital, she had a car accident and it's all my fault!" Hunter rushes out, his eyes teary. "She came head on with a truck, swerved off of the road and rolled the car. The cars a complete fucking write off!"

"Fuck." I dropped the phone. My heart was racing in my chest and my stomach knotted up. I felt like I was going to be sick, my brain was racing and my body could barely keep up with reality.

"Angry!" Tommy hissed, rushing by my side as I dropped to my knees.

Within seconds, I had everyone surrounding me. Vince, Tommy, Mick and even Hunter. "We gotta go. Give me fucking space!" I yelled in annoyance.

"Go where dude?" Vince asked as I felt one of them help me back up.

"The hospital, you fucking idiot." I answered, shoving Tommy out of the way.

"Why?" Tommy demanded this time.

"Sue's been in an accident." I answered.

"Fuck."