21.

JB

"Jae" I called, looking up from my phone.

"Mmm?" he hummed back, his eyes still fixed on his computer screen.

"Do you want to go on a trip?" I asked, pressing a kiss to the top of his head.

His head turned to stare at me, his mouth gaping slightly, not even bothering to pause his game. I leaned forward over him to pause it for him before turning his chair to face me.

"I was thinking of visiting my parents next week. Would you join me? We can go visit your parents too" I murmured, bending slightly as I lifted his hand to my lips. I pressed a kiss to the back of his hand, his eyes widening further as he sat there staring at me.

"I can't leave you behind. Join me" I continued, turning his hand over to kiss his wrist.

He snapped his mouth shut as he bobbed his head repeatedly, his hand all limp while he looked up at me. I held him as he stood suddenly, his face glowing as he smiled so widely at me.

"I can't wait. I can't wait" Youngjae blurted out repeatedly, bouncing in my arms as he hopped from one leg to the other.

"We can spend the week there" I laughed, cupping the nape of his neck so that he stopped, swaying him in my arms instead.

He climbed into my arms, his legs wrapping themselves around my waist as he lifted himself up onto me. I held his thighs to support his weight, letting him cling to me as he leaned back slightly so that we could see each other.

"There's so much good food and places that I would like to bring you to. Oh oh. My old school? My favourite snack store..." he rambled on, counting the items off his fingers.

He looked so excited that I just smiled back and pressed a kiss to his forehead. He's just too cute like that.

~

It was rare that Youngjae was up this early, even rarer that he was so happy about it. It was obvious why he was so happy though, seeing as how we were leaving to go to his parents' today.

We quickly packed a small luggage together, Youngjae picking out our clothes while I caught them and folded them in. It felt so domestic, our actions so in sync that we were always one step in front of another.

He packed our toothbrushes while I grabbed our face soap, his hand already sticking out to me to pack it into a pouch. I made some space in our luggage for our toiletries and shoes, grabbing some socks when he came back with our shoes.

We smiled at each other after changing, the both of us unknowingly choosing matching pullovers and jeans.

I stood at the doorway to scan our room one last time, checking if we missed anything out before turning to see Youngjae already hopping impatiently at the door.

"Hyung" he called, bouncing on his feet. The slight of him being so small and childlike made me smile, my hand automatically sticking out to him.

"Let's go" I held his hand in one hand and lifted the luggage with the other as we headed out, Youngjae humming happily beside me.

I opened the passenger door before heading to the boot, loading our luggage in before sliding into the driver's seat. I couldn't help my laughter as I spotted Youngjae was bouncing so happily while watching me start the car, his hands gripping onto the side of his seat.

I leaned over and buckled him in as he looked up at me with the widest smile, his face shining to brightly. He leaned forward and pressed a kiss to my cheek, grinning still as he called out "let's set off".