9.

JB

"What do you mean he disappeared?" I asked, my heart stilling. I had stopped walking and nudged Jae to walk ahead when I received the call, expecting someone else when I saw the unknown number.

"We're looking through all the cameras but nothing. We don't know how he got out but he did" the detective explained patiently. This can't be happening... what if he comes after Jae? No no no.

I clenched my jaw and fists in anger, looking to the sky for some sort of answer. At least I left my phone number in his hand...

I had sneaked out before one of our practices to head to the hospital, needing to know that he was still lying there, away from Jae.

I scribbled my number on a piece of paper, stuffing it into his hand before leaving, not wanting him to send out those photos still. I can't let it affect Jae's career...

"We're looking for him as we speak... we're going to put up a wanted criminal broadcast and..."

"Don't. Please. Don't do it" I interrupted, seeing Jae turn to look at me. I masked my expression well and gave him a small nod, trailing behind the others still. The thought of Jae finding out he was roaming outside making me spit those words out.

"It would be a lot easier to find him if we have the public's help" the detective explained, trying to convince me otherwise.

"No. He's just after us. He'll come to us. I know he will. I actually left my number with him" I admitted.

"You..." the detective started before sighing.

"We have a security team. And... he'll hide for sure if he knows" I tried. I held my breath as he kept silent on the other side of the line for the longest time that I thought he didn't hear me. I was about to repeat myself when he finally agreed.

"We'll send someone to track your phone"

"Thank you"

"Don't thank me yet" he muttered before hanging up.

~

I made sure that Jae was always in my line of sight or beside me, looking around constantly to ensure that he was safe.

I only left him when all the other members were with him, knowing that they would look after him before heading to JYP's office to let him know. How and where do I even begin? I have to tell him now that the police would probably contact him and send someone over...

I left when we got to our studio before heading to JYP's office, sucking in a deep breath before mustering up some courage to knock on his door.

"Come in"

"Hyung-nim" I greeted, bowing to him. He nodded, gesturing for me to sit.

I folded my hands in my lap, unsure of where to start, my thoughts still all jumbled up and yet on Jae. He should be safe... right? We're in the company. He's with the other members...

"Yes Jaebum?" he cued. I blinked a couple of times, my hands clenching together before I started explaining everything to him.

~

JYP was quiet the entire time I explained, my gaze down on my hands as I felt his disappointment radiating towards me.

"I'm sorry hyung-nim. I should have settled it better" I admitted, bowing to him again.

"You should be sorry... you settling this alone? Jaebum ah, you should have came to me from the start. We could have settled this... but what's done is done. We'll try solve it now" he sighed.