7.

JB

Jae? Fuck. I kicked down the cubicle door, seeing Minhyuk towering over Jae. I grabbed a fistful of his hair and dragged him out of the cubicle, the whiteness of the toilet fuelling my anger.

The fact that he had his pants half down made me snap and I shoved him hard against the wall, using my elbow to press him against the wall.

"You said you wouldn't touch him" I growled, raising my arm to punch his cheek.

"He wanted me to. He was tempting me the whole evening" Minhyuk rebutted, shoving me away. He quickly pulled his pants up and sneered at me, wiping the blood from his busted lip.

I turned to look at Jae, feeling so lost in that moment. Jae was squatting in the corner of the cubicle still, crying while pulling his torn shirt tighter around his body, his pants around his ankles. My Jae... why did I even believe him? Why did I even allow this date?

I was turning back to Minhyuk when I felt him hit the back my head, my body stumbling as my vision blurred. That fucker.

I positioned myself before the cubicle, blocking it before charging at the blurry shape in front of me. I hit him with all I had, satisfied when I felt the bone crunching against my knuckles, the fire still burning in me.

I continued hitting him until I felt someone tug on my shoulder, the person lifting me away while I thrashed. I'm not done. I'm going to kill him. My Jae...

"Bum ah. Stop"

I turned to see Taejoon looking down at me with such sad eyes. Taejoon held me tight, only releasing me when he felt me relax.

I looked down at Minhyuk, seeing his face all bruised and swollen. I wasn't sure when he passed out but seeing him like that made me choke. God, I am screwed up. What would Jae think...

I stood quickly, turning to Jae, seeing him still huddled in the corner with his eyes squeezed shut. Will I be soiling him if I touch him?

I turned to Taejoon, begging him with my eyes, too messed up to even talk then. Taejoon sighed and headed closer to Jae, squatting next to him while murmuring something. He wrapped Jae with my jacket, bundling him up right before I took over.

I ensured that my hands stayed clear of his skin, lifting him out of the cubicle bridal style. I felt every tremble while I held him, placing him softly into a chair before turning back to the toilet.

I sunk to the floor while staring at Minhyuk, fishing my phone out to call the ambulance for him, the guilt of what I done consuming me. I know I'm messed up. I have to clean this up... I can't leave. Not yet.

The ambulance came quickly, lifting Minhyuk away on a gurney while I sat there with my head in my hands. How do I even cover this up without dragging Jae in? I've got to step up...

I stood with conviction, finally stepping out to face everything. I took in the scene before me, Taejoon standing there talking to the police, the restaurant now cleared of its' patrons.

Jae sat there huddled in my jacket since before, the medics providing some blankets, draping them over his shivering body.

The rage died in me, the guilt finally crawling up and biting me. Jae... everything about him consumes me.

I explained to the police what happened, Taejoon standing next to me the entire way. The police simply took our statement, taking our numbers down in case they needed more information.

"Look. We usually bring you all down to the station... but it isn't the first time he's been charged. It's a good thing you got there in time" the policeman nodded, bowing slightly before leaving us.