21

Leahs pov

So I've been seeing children a lot lately. In movies, in public. Even at work. All that. And it's hitting me again why I don't want a kid right now at my age. Everything's hitting me and it's making me a bit angry. And the worst part is that Jennifer texted me right when my anger kind of sparked so right now I'm coldly replying to her.

I honestly hate this. I've had a crazy life and I wanted everything to be settled so meeting Jennifer and becoming something with her was a start of being a better me. But once I found out she has a daughter, everything went downhill. Our recent talk on FaceTime was nice. It felt normal because at first I knew something wasn't right between us through text. But I don't feel right again. She doesn't know that obviously because this feeling just happened again. I just don't know what to do. I don't wanna break up with her. I'd be loosing a gem. Ugh.
-

After work today, I went home, showered right away because I felt gross. Then I made a snack to eat. That's pretty much what I do everyday. Work then go home and maybe if I have to, do work at home. Then on weekends, party with friends. That's why being with Jennifer was an exciting thing. And I feel like so much more exciting things would happen in my life if we last. But things aren't looking so good right now.

"If you're busy I understand but call me when you can" Jennifer texts me since I haven't been replying to her. But I Of course had to call. I love hearing her voice even though I'm kind of irritated right now. Not at her but everything in general. Maybe talking to her could help?

"Hey" I said after she answers the FaceTime call. "Hi..where have you been?" She asks. "At home" "not answering me texts?" She forces a little laugh. "Sorry"

"What's up?" She asks. "Nothing. Just stressed about everything."

"Can I come over?"

"Come over? Aren't you with.."

"She's with her grandma right now. I had her stay a little longer with her after school because I had some errands and right now they're at the mall so they're not even back home yet til later." She says.

"Okay yeah you can come. Is that why you wanted me to call?" I ask. "Well I mean I'd like to talk to you whenever I can" she says. I smile and sigh.

Minutes later, she gets to my house.

"Want some?" She asks while placing a bag of food on the table and sits on the couch. "And where's Biscuit?" She asks again. "She's somewhere in the house. You just bought food?" I ask. "Mhm. Here" she says and pulls out the box of chicken nuggets and sauce. I assume she wants us to share together.

"Thank you" i said. "Mhm. So..what's up with you? Why're you not answering my texts huh?" She asks and pokes me. Obviously not getting the point that I'm not in a happy mood.

"I'm just very busy with work and I've been focused on that all day since I had very important things. I'm sorry. And a lots been going through my mind"

"Like..?"

I roll my eyes and took a sip from her drink. "It's nothing"

"Please don't tell me it's about this whole daughter thing Leah.."

I shake my head and didn't answer. "You really don't have to deal with her till you're ready to. She's my responsibility not yours. Me and you are girlfriends but I'm not gonna force her down your throat." She says.

"The thing is..I really like you and I haven't liked someone this much. I was hoping we'd get even farther. I have dreams of doing things with a girlfriend and you fit that role perfectly."