46

"Precisely." His smirk went wider.

"What is it?" Sesshoumaru glared at the middle-aged man. As expected.. This is too smooth.. Something is off about him.

"That scroll is pretty much explaining not only the past, but perhaps your own future... and it's a sorrowful tale for sure." Her father's words startled The Demon Dog. "It's up to you, if you want to unveil the truth from that scroll.. perhaps, if you read it, you could avoid the bad ending of your life.."

Shit! He's right! It's either I read this scroll or not, the future will always end the same way.. Sesshoumaru fell deep into his mind, meanwhile the girl was only looking at him, worried.

"Lord.. Sesshoumaru.." she tapped on his shoulder once, yet no response. She tapped again, now on his cheeks, yet the result was still the same. "Lord Sesshoumaru!" The girl suddenly cupped his cheeks with both of her small hands. Her grip was strong. Strong enough to take him back to her. "Dad, we're not gonna take the scroll. I trust him, no matter what choice that Lord Sesshoumaru will make in the future." She exclaimed.

Sesshoumaru widened his orbs. She.. trusts me? She threw a reassuring glance at him before turning it to her father.

"Whatever suits you well.. I'm just gonna wait and see how far will both of you go along the prophecy of the scroll." When her father finished his words, the girl signed Sesshoumaru to leave the chamber. The man took the sign and quickly turned his heels towards the door. Before they left the room, her father stopped their steps with his words. "If you want to visit this chamber again, count the torch outside. Stop at the number of your generation in this family. Then, say your password."

The big stone door now closed behind them. The girl was still on his arm. "If my dad's door is here... then my door will be- Lord Sesshoumaru???" Her words came to a halt as soon as she saw the man next to her. He tensed with thoughts in his orbs.

The sorrowful future that he mentioned before.. I remembered in my vision when I told that woman to take another medication for her desease, but she refused.. She even refused to be saved by Tenseiga.. So.. her death would be my sorrow? If that woman was really (Y/n)... Shit! I completely forgot that she's a mortal!

The girl pushed the arm that supported her. She couldn't wake up the man next to her, so for now, she needs to get down first. Unexpectedly his embrace wasn't strong. Her feet landed smoothly on the stone floor. After making sure that her feet was fine for another walk, the girl reached for the man's hand. She tugged him several times. "Lord Sesshoumaruu~~... come on! We still need to do another research!!" The girl was too focused on pulling the man, she startled when she realized that the man was already had his full attention to her, with tears in his demon orbs. "Lord.. Sesshoumaru?"

Quickly he pulled the girl by her hand and walked. His pace was faster than her, so he's leading her way. "Wa-wait.. we need to count the torch! We will need it if we want to go in there again!" She struggled to stop the man. It's only made his grip tighter. "Lord Sesshoumaru!!"

The couple has reached the middle-aged man's room again. The girl were still dragged by the man in front of her. She's confused with the sudden change in his attitude. What's wrong with him?? Did he just saw another vision??? Hnnngg!! Even my voice didn't seem to reach him! Sesshoumaru lead her out of the room and down the hall of her castle. The girl only could see his back and silver hair.  This situation was getting annoying and she couldn't hold it back anymore. She gathered all of her power that left and pulled her hand out from the man's grip. "WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU???!" She shouted.

The man eventually noticed her confusion. He turned at her, making it possible to read through his face. The girl felt guilty for shouting at him. He must have a good reason for acting that way. "Lord Sesshoumaru.. what's wrong?? I know something's bothering your mind.. please tell me.. we are partners, right?" She asked earnestly.

Sesshoumaru took a moment. Between the silence, they could hear the sound of the trees that was blown by the wind. The sky was dark and droplets of liquid were falling from it. He looked at the view from the windows at his right, tried to cover his orbs with his bangs. "Do you remember.. the vision of the dying old woman?"

"Yes.."

"I could feel my own pain and sorrow, when that girl told me to let her go.. Now I understand, if that woman is really you.. I don't know if I really could bear that pain.." his fist clenched and his long nails now dug into his own palm. He didn't want to show his tears to her anymore, it's just not like him, he thought. So after explaining things to her, he turned his back facing her instead and walked away.

Her (e/c) optics widened by the confession. The reason behind his weird act was her. She never saw someone shed a tear for her, even her own parents. Realized that the man was now far from her, the girl quickly ran to him. By the time she reached him, she didn't slow her speed down, instead, she threw herself onto the man while spreading her arms. "Lord Sesshoumaru, you're an idiot!". She wrapped her arms tightly, releasing all of her power. "If I'm really gonna be that old when I'm dying, it means I'm already living my life to the fullest with you! Don't you think it's great??"

The man surprised by how positive his little helper's way of  thinking. He lowered his head just to see her small arms around his waisy. No words could escape his lips. Only a gentle embrace on her hands that he could give to her. Wishing that time would stop at this very moment.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Hello.. I know this chapter took another long time to finish TwT
But thank you for reading this.. I hope you like it too.. ><