Part of Brad really didn't want Summer to go to Tristan's tonight because he knows it was not her scene—the drugs, and alcohol.

But if she wanted to go, then he would have to be on his best behaviour, too, so that he can look after her.

+*^*+ PEACHES +*^*+

When Summer and Brad arrive at Tristan's house, Brad notices the cars also parked outside. He knew that Tristan had invited a few more friends over than Brad first anticipated.

He knew that there would be at least ten other people there that Summer wouldn't know and he couldn't lie that it made him want to take her back home so lingering, drugged eyes aren't making her feel uncomfortable.

However, she smiles at him as they walk up to the front door. She raises her hand to knock on the door but Brad just opens it and walks through.

"Perks of him being a friend," Brad explains as she notices the surprised look on her face. "Come on in, peach."

She does as she's told, stepping in and taking her shoes and jacket off as Brad closes the door behind her. There was music coming from the kitchen but people were talking loudly in the living room which drowned out the tunes.

Tristan peaks his head around the open doorway of his lounge as he hears the door close, a grin on his face as he sees the pair.

"You're finally here!" Tristan says as he walks down his hallway to meet his two friends. "Took your time."

"That's my fault," Summer laughs halfheartedly. "I took too long getting ready."

"I'll let you off then, just this once," Tristan winks at Summer. Brad rolls his eyes.

"Summer, why don't you go grab a drink from the kitchen? I just need to speak to Tristan," Brad says, kissing her cheek before she nods and wanders off to the kitchen.

"What's up?" Tristan asks with a frown.

"Why did you invite all the lads over?" Brad interrogates. "I thought it was me, you, Connor, James and now Summer."

"I just thought it would liven things up a bit," Tristan shrugs. "Why? Scared you're gonna lose Summer to one of those idiots?"

While Tristan wiggles his eyebrows at his friend, Brad rolls his eyes. "Whatever."

Moving past a smirking Tristan, Brad goes into the kitchen and sees Summer opening a bottle of water. He grabs a beer bottle and opens it with an opener that was left on the side.

"Hope you don't mind, I feel like tonight is going to be a long night."

She was going to question what he meant but decided to drop it, instead taking a sip of her drink and following Brad into the lounge.

There were only ten other people, Tristan, James and Connor included. A few boys were playing beer pong on the ping pong table at the end of the room while some people sat on the sofa, attempting to watch whatever was playing on the tv.

"Join me?" Brad asks Summer, gesturing to the sofa. She nods and happily sits down next to him, their legs touching and causing warmth to take over her body yet shivers to run down her spine. Only Brad had ever had this effect on her.

They talk between each other for a bit, Tristan joining every now and again to see how they're doing, surprised they're not already in another room having sex.

"I'm gonna go grab another drink," Brad smiles as he looks at his empty beer bottle. "Try not to miss me while I'm gone."

"It'll be difficult, but I'll try," she teases him and he moves a hand up to her far cheek, turning her head so he could easily place a kiss on her lips.

He knew guys were looking at her while they sat together and he also knew the guys wouldn't take the hint that she was currently occupied—not by a boyfriend, but she isn't looking for a sexual partner—even though Brad's arm was around her shoulder the entire time.

Tristan takes Brad's place as Brad gets up to get himself a drink, deciding to get one for Summer too since she'll soon finish her drink too.

"Hey, baby cakes," Tristan says, his arm on the back of the sofa as he chugs down a bit of the cider left in his can.

The room progressively started to grow thick with smoke as people held their blunts in their hands, puffing on them.

"Hey, Tristan," she replies. "Thanks for letting me come tonight."

"No problem," he smiles. "Anything to see my favourite girl."

Tristan winks and she blushes, flustered even though she doesn't feel attracted to Tristan at all. She didn't know how else to react.

"So, you and Brad? Hm?" Tristan wiggles his eyebrows suggestively. "How are you guys going?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, is there anything going on between you both?" He asks. "You've gotten very close lately."

"We're just friends." Friends that fuck.

"Sure, friends," Tristan drawls out sarcastically. "Do you like him?"

"Yeah. He's a good friend."

"No, no," Tristan shakes his head. "Do you like him?"

She frowns for a moment until it clicks. "Oh, you mean do I have a crush on him?"

He chuckles, nodding. "You know, as his friend I've got to know who likes him or not. I've got to make sure they're suitable for him. So do you?"

She shrugs. "I don't know."

"Of course you know," Tristan replies, throwing his cider can to the side. "Could you see you both ever getting into a relationship?"

Tristan knew Summer would only have a positive impact on Brad, making him happy and keeping him positive instead of making him go to parties and do drugs and alcohol. Of course, Tristan would be fine with them dating, but he would feel bad for Summer.

Brad has his issues, everyone does. That could bring Summer down and end up making her have her own issues and that's the last thing Tristan wanted. Plus, the only reason Brad ever made a move for Summer was because of Tristan's challenge to get in her pants. Is that what a relationship should be built on?

"I mean, I haven't thought about it, really."

"Come on," Tristan teases. "Admit that you have a little crush on Brad."

"He's attractive, sure," she admits, glancing to the door and wondering what was taking Brad so long.

"Could you see yourself becoming exclusive?"

She thinks for a moment. Brad was too attractive to be with someone like her, she thought. She thought she wasn't good enough for him at all.

"I'd like to think it could happen in the future."

Tristan's face lights up. "So you do have a crush on him?"

"Not exactly," she laughs, sipping on her water. "It's complicated, okay? Just drop it."

"It's a secret between you and me, babycakes."

Tristan gets up and leaves her, guilt in the pit of his stomach because Summer was falling for a guy that only had an interest in what was in her pants.

+*^*+