Episode 47: Drink Up

Start from the beginning

I lifted a brow at him. He had other clubs?

"It's a normal club, really! I go there sometimes to trick naive college youth into committing sins for me." He winked and flashed an evil smile.

"Gross. That's more of a reason I wouldn't want to come with you."

"I'm joking! Sheesh, let loose a little! Besides, I don't handle rejections well. So, you better choose correctly. Now, are you coming or are you coming?"

Why would I want to go clubbing? I've never gone anywhere with a proper social gathering, mainly because no one invited me and mostly because I didn't fit in well with other humans.

"I...don't know if--"

"Don't think about it! Just come! I'll come to pick you up in a few minutes, so be ready!" He winked. Before I could close the door, he stuck his head in and looked around until his gaze settled down on Sera, sleeping on her bed.

"Hey I've been meaning to ask but why do you keep looking at Ser--" before I could even finish my sentence he flashed a quick grin and disappeared.

____

"Why did you take me here?!" I yelled over the music, standing in front of the entrance of the loud night club.

"Because! You're miserable!" His body moved to the music, a few girls were already starting to shift over to him, despite me clearly already accompanying him. Nothing stopped these girls. Possibly, not even if they new he was a demon. I mean, after all, when Twilight was released girls were begging to be turned into monsters. I didn't get the whole concept of that obviously. I saw what real monsters looked like on a daily.

Spoiler. No, they didn't sparkle in the sun. Some burned though.

"But, Jin, you and I don't speak very much! So why?!" One of my ears clogged up, slowly adjusting to the volume and pressure of the basement club. Why would Jin do all of this for me?

"Huh?" He got distracted by two girls that came up and danced beside him.

"Forget it!" I grumbled, looking around the crowded dance floor. So this was how a normal Friday night looked like. This is how it felt to be around humans again. Well, it wasn't like this brought back any fond memories of them.

"Jin, we should--" as soon as I turned to look over at him, he was already being dragged into the crowd by three times the amount of girls I left him with before.

"Have fun!" He yelled and waved me away as he disappeared into the sea of bodies.

"Seriously?" I groaned, awkwardly standing alone. There was only one place that didn't gather so many bodies and that was the bar counter, which I assumed was made for the loners like me.

"What would you like to try today young lady?" The middle age man smiled, squeaking a glass clean before setting it down with the rest.

"Something...strong, I guess." I wasn't very fond of alcohol's taste, but after what happened to me I think I deserved a drink that wiped my mind blank.

"Strong?!" He exclaimed dramatically and roared out with laughter.

I glared up at him with confusion. Was he going to serve me or not? "Well...maybe--"

"Alright, you're in time to try signature drink then. Tell me if it's good. I was working on it this whole time."

"Signature drink?" I leaned over with curiosity.

"Yes, made for those who ail with both their mind and soul." He lightly tapped his chest and head at the same time then smiled. I don't know if it was my emotions peaking, but I almost teared up. Maybe that's exactly what I needed.