Ruler Of The Mountain ❄️🌨👑✨ (Wyvern!Lyon x Reader)

The legends say that the monster who lived on that mountain protected crystals that could make anyone rich beyond their wildest dreams

You didn't go for the money though, you went for the adventure... and kind of the money.

Rumors around the whole country also claimed that the monster was the one producing those crystals, creating them out of magic. Your real goal was to capture the beast and use the crystals it produced to rebuild your home — one that was plagued by forest creatures.

Everyone in your village lived in fear. You, like many other magicians, went off to look for help or take jobs to build better walls.

The villagers would move, but it was their home. Their home was the source of their history, a direct link to their ancestors.

Because of that, you went off to complete random jobs, wiring money to your family and praying they were doing well.

During your travels you would always hear about the crystal monster. Now that you've grown stronger, your goal was to find and use that monster to your advantage.

"Hey, you're crazy kid! Only people with death wishes go up that mountain!"

You paid your bill for the cheap breakfast in the bar and waved goodbye to all the drunkards telling you you couldn't do it — you couldn't defeat the monster no matter how hard you tried.

None of that bothered you though. You were used to people making light of your power.

"Thanks for the advice!" You told them before leaving the bar and going out into the snowy street.

The town next to the rumored mountain was constantly covered in snow. Not one person there had seen a nice summer day in their lives.

Some might be bothered by the constant cold, but you were the opposite. After living in a tropical village your whole life, it was nice being in an environment opposite to that.

The hike up the mountain was rough. Your hands were definitely blistered from the chilled rocks and your body ached. The hike overall would take three days to get to the top. Out of the whole mountain the monster would most likely be at the top.

The snow was freezing in town, but the blizzard in the mountain was treacherous. You really hoped this adventure worked out because you might lose a few fingers along the way.

Hour after hour you climbed, rested, and fought whatever strange creatures popped out of the snow.

It took less time than you thought but you finally made it to the top of the mountain and it was breath taking.