Winter Wonder ❄ (Gray Fullbuster x Reader)

A nice cup of hot coco was always the best on a winter day. So you were enjoying it inside the guild as everyone else in the guild was outside. They were enjoying the bright white snowflakes as the were just dancing down to the ground. Some were enjoying it more than others of course. You yourself weren't a big fan of the snow and the ice and all it's wetness.

It was always just too cold.

"(Y/N), are you gonna go outside with everybody else?" The sweet-talking Mirajane strolls up to you with another cup of hot coco, this time with marshmallows. So far, you were on your fourth cup. Oh yeah, they were THAT good.

You shake your head and blow the surface of the dark drink. "I'm not that fond of snow."

"Don't say that around Gray, you might make him cry." She giggles, walking back to the bar as she keeps the conversations going.

You take a sip of your hot drink and hiss from the heat. "Why do you say that?" You ask her as you fan your tongue.

She giggles more as she starts wiping a dirty dish. "Oh, it's just a rumor going around." Her smile was innocent but you knew it could kill. "Looks like our Gray has a crush on you."

You spit out your drink and start coughing dramatically while your lungs burned. "Why on Earth would you say that Mira?!"

She kept that smile while you had your sudden outburst. "I just thought I'd let you know that your crush likes you too, that's all."

You cross your arms and puff your cheeks out like a child. You didn't want to look at that smile because you knew it was speaking the truth. "I don't like Gray like that."

"Okay (Y/N), whatever you say."

You take another sip of your hot coco and pout a little while longer. "Damn it..."

"Hey (Y/N), why aren't you out there with everyone else?" The man of the hour, of course, came walking in with wet hair and snow covered clothes. His beautiful smile shining the guild hall and almost causing you to swoon and/or choke on your hot coco again.

"I don't really like the cold all that much," You smile apologetically and rub the back of your neck. "Sorry."

Gray takes a seat across from you, putting his arms on the table and leaning his cheek on his fist. "Why's that?" He asks a little let down.

You sip your not-so-hot hot coco and sigh. "Well, the cold's never really been in my favor." You start explaining by holding up your hand and counting off.

"When I was six I fell through some ice while skating on a lake. Then when I was seven, I forgot my jacket at home when it snowed so I got a huge cold and had to stay home for a month. Also, when I was ten, I went sledding and fell face first in the snow and ended up getting a bloody nose! The worst was when I was thirteen! I was walking to school with a really cute guy and I slipped and fell on my butt! He started laughing and didn't even help me up!"

Gray was holding his stomach as he was laughing, but you weren't going to lie, his laugh was precious. "Don't laugh! It's not funny!" You lean across the table to punch his arm.

"I'm sorry but you have to admit you are a bit of a cluts." His usual smile comes back after his laughing fit. You end up crossing your arms and pouting like a child again.

"I am not!"

"You are too."

"Am not!"

"Are too."

"Prove it!"

"Fine, have a snow ball fight with me."

You choke on your hot chocolate again and question what the Hell was going on through his head. "What?" You ask stupidly. "How does that prove it?"

He gets up and reaches to grab your wrist. He pulls you up and forces you to follow him outside. "Come on. I need to make sure you have at least one good memory in the snow."

You try and pull away, but Mr. Muscles here didn't budge. It even got to the point where he picked you up and draped you over his shoulders. "Ah! Don't pick me up! I'm heavy ya know." He set you down on a pile of soft snow and hovered over you for a bit.

"I couldn't tell." He smiles and gets up, walking away so he could battle you in his best element.

You take a minute to recollect your thoughts, but when you took one look at the boy, all your thoughts vanished easily. You blush once you notice that his shirt and pants were completely off. "Gray your clothes!" You yelp and cover your innocent eyes.

"Dammit!" While he was searching for his clothes, you take the opportunity to throw a few deformed snow balls.

You got lucky and threw a good one right at his face. You snickered and laughed like a child. "I guess this is kind of fun!"

Gray shakes his head and starts laughing. "Oh I'm gonna get you good (Y/N)!" He slid his pants back on, but he was still rollin' as a shirtless hunk. His new playful smirk actually did make you swoon, especially with the line, "Here I come, (Y/N)."

For a while you two continued your big snow ball fight. You missed him most of the time, but when you did hit him, it was funny. REALLY funny. For your final shot you make a giant snow ball and managed to hit him right in his face.

"Ice make." He chants. Now you were kinda screwed.

You hide behind a big snow pile and pray to the gods of magic to save your soul. "Not fair! You can't use magic you big cheater!" You cry from behind the pile.

"Snow ball."

'Wait what?' That didn't even hit you. The smallest snow ball in the world and it didn't even hit you!

You peek your head from behind the fortress of snow and start your own laughing fit. "What was that?"

"There, you won your first snow ball fight." He smiles, putting his wet shirt back on and being perfectly fine with wearing his other soaked clothes.

You ceased your laughing and got up to thank him. "Thanks Gray."

"It's no problem. Just count yourself lucky I went easy on you."

You slide your arms around his torso and hide your face in his cold chest. "Thank you." You repeat but more quietly and peacefully. He squeezes you back and hides his face in your (H/C) hair.

"Come on, let's go make a snowman or something."

Thank to Gray, this turned out to be your best winter ever. You just really wanted to finish it off with hot coco.

~~Extra Ending~~

"Achoo!" You were bundled up in a blanket lying beside the fireplace at your house. "Gray, I'm gonna get you back for this... I'm really gonna get you back for this."

Gray walks over and sits at your side, handing you the cup of hot coco you were desperately wishing for. "I'm sorry. I promise I'll make it up to you."

"How?" You sniffle, taking a big gulp.

"What if I got sick too?" He offers.

You sneeze again. "How would you get sick? You're super healthy and never get sick! Especially since your an ice mage." You pull the blanket closer.

"I can get sick pretty easily, if you would let me of course." He nudges your side with his elbow.

"What do you mean by if I would let you?" You ask him.

Then out of no where, Gray leaned down and moved the blanket out of the way. His chill lips touched yours, making you shiver under his touch. You lied there silently as he continued to kissed you. You thought that his lips would be chapped, but they were soft and smooth. For an ice mage, he sure was hot.

After a while, he let your lips go and smoothed your bottom lip over with his thumb. "There... that should get me sick."

You blush and hide under the covers again. "You're mean ya know that?"

He laughs and takes a hold of some of your hot coco. "I know."

"But thank you." You whisper. He just smiles and lays down next to you, wrapping his arms around your body.

Boy was it nice to be spooned by an ice mage.