The Mysterious Bakugan

Hi, my name is Magnolia Opal Jean, or you can call me Mag, Opal, or just Magnolia. I am 18 years old, and I have no idea how I got to Brawl City. I guess I needed to get away from the farm life. Brawl City isn't like I imagined. I thought it would be broken down arenas, dirty city filled with thugs always challenging someone type of town. But, it was the complete opposite. I saw a clean vibrant town, full of friendly people and their loyal bakugan.

Me? I've never had one. I've always kept to the sidelines, watching others bond with their partners. My family never believed in Bakugan, or the point of having one. I guess they thought farm work mattered more than running off and becoming a so called "gangster." That's at least what my father always told me when I was young. You could describe me as short statured, with long naturally curly hair, coffee eyes, and a kind of a shy personality. All my old friends at home had partners of their own, and you could say I was so desperate for one, I set off by myself. I was so busy thinking to myself, I didn't notice the guy walking my way.

"Ow!" I exclaimed, almost falling when I felt the guy grab my arm to stop me. And that's when I came face to face with the legendary Shun Kazami. Shun was a year older than me, with dark hair, caramel eyes, and he had a fit structure. I felt my face get hot. Well, can you blame me? Shun Kazami was the most sexiest man to ever exist, and all the girls had a crush on him. I practically ran to the tv every time his name was mentioned on the Bakugan Brawl channel.

"Are you going to watch where you're going or not, kid?" He finally spoke. His voice was husky, and it made my stomach churn.

"Uh... I.... I'm so sorry. I wasn't paying attention to where I was going! You see, I just got here, and I was enjoying the sights of the city so much, I didn't see you coming." I explained. He wasn't saying anything, so I kept going; "it must be a thrill being a battle brawler huh? I've seen you on tv a lot, and I have watched you and your bakugan. You two make a great team." I stopped, cause I realized I talk too much when I'm nervous.

Just do us all a favor, and stay out of the way." He demanded rudely, as he let me go and walked away. I blushed, and my heart stopped. But he seemed so sweet on television. Why was he being so mean? Was it something I said? Or was it how I was dressed? I looked down at my clothes. I wore a red off the shoulder top, with black jeans, and ankle high boots as dark as they come. I also wore my hair in a high ponytail to keep it out of my face. Jesus, my sister Susana was right, I really don't have a good fashion sense. But what the hell does she know? I was so caught up in what Shun said to me, I didn't see the glimmer coming from the bushes near the benches up ahead. When I finally did see it, I approached the bushes with caution, hoping it wasn't a knife or something.
Hello? Is something there? Are you stuck?" I asked quietly. Then, that was when I saw it. A Darkus Bakugan! Eager to take a closer look, I stuck my hand through the bushes, branches scraping my hand.

"Hey! What the hell is going on?!" Exclaimed a female voice. It sounded beautiful, so I didn't think it was coming from the Bakugan I held in my hand when I finally got it out from the bushes.

"Are you one of those talking bakugan? What's your name? Where did you come from? How did you end up here?" I questioned the Bakugan. I don't mean to be annoying, I was always a curious person.

"I was thrown away by my old partner, Sora. I lost a battle, and I guess he didn't take too kindly to that, so he told me that I was a pathetic excuse for a Bakugan, and tossed me away like I was trash. Thank you for finding me, mystery girl." She sighed, finally revealing herself. She had a dragon like look to her, so at least I knew what she looked like.

"My name is Magnolia Jean, but you can call me Magnolia for short. What is your name?"

"I am called Darkus Zintora. Pleasure to meet you Magnolia." As soon as she said that, I smiled. This was the beginning of a beautiful friendship.