"Hey! Open the door or I'm gonna come through my room!" I shouted, still banging on the door.

"Alright! Alright! Calm down!" he shouted back.

"You're telling me to calm the fuck down when-owh!" Zac yanked open the door and pulled me inside, then slamming it shut. I was more surprised to find a kid sitting on his bed, wearing the school uniform, without the tie or the jacket.

"Dani, Michael. Michael, Dani." Zac said.

"Forget the introductions! Are you having a party next weekend?" I asked him.

"No. We are having a party. The three of us." he said.

"Halloween party." Michael said.

"I couldn't give a damn if it was an Easter party! Why would you tell people we're holding a Halloween party here?" I asked.

"We're not holding it here." Zac said.

"If not here where the hell are you going to have the party?" I asked.

"Mike's place of course. His parents are gone next week, so we got nothing to worry about." he replied.

"Only if the cops show up though, and you have to come in a costume." Michael said.

"I'm going as a Navy Sailor, chics dig a man in uniform." he said to him. That would honestly explain a lot.

"I'm thinking Bat Man." Michael said.

"You were Bat Man two years ago, try Superman this time." he said.

"Dani, what're you gonna go as?" oh my god.

"I'm in a nut house." I said, yanking open the door and storming out of the room.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 I went over to Luisa's apartment after that, needing to get away from the idiot that I was forced to live with for the rest of my senior year. I swear, as soon as admission forms come out, I'm going to pick a university farthest away from Zac so I won't have to look at him.

Luisa suggested we give ourselves manis and pedis, along with facial scrubs. Her favorite was apparently the old-fashioned avocado scrub and cucumber eye freshener. I didn't mind, I got to snack inbetween.

"So, Zac and Mike are really holding a party, huh?" she asked.

"Yeah, just wish Zac would've given me more than a week's notice before he tells me we're throwing a party." I replied.

"You going to go?" she asked.

"I guess I should. I got to find a good Halloween costume in under a week. I got a headache just thinking about it." I replied.

"Well I can take you costume shopping. On my home the other day I passed by Hagards' and Halls', they're a big Halloween store on Madison Avenue. I saw the cutest and sexiest Marilyn Monroe costume ever. We should go tomorrow." she said.

"Sure..." I muttered, not really paying attention to what she was saying.

"Something bothering you?" she asked.

"No, no, just thinking." I replied.

"About what?" she asked. A sigh escaped my lips, taking a slice of cucumber and dipping it into the avocado mix.

"Listen, while our parents were away the other weekend...Zac and I bonded." I said.

"So?" she asked.

"I mean...we bonded in 'that way'." I said. It took a minute before she realised what I meant.

"Oh...oh wow. Did you guys kiss?" she asked.

"No! No, of course not. We just...I felt kind...attracted to him." I muttered.

"Well I don't blame you, he is pretty hot." she said with a smirk.

"Lu, be serious! I'm developing feelings for my step brother!" I replied.

"Wouldn't it be labelled as incest though?" she asked me. I shrugged.

"I don't know, I mean we're not blood related...our parents just love each other." I replied. She bit into a slice of cucumber, then rubbed some more avocado scrub on her face.

"What's he like back home?" she asked.

"Eh, he's okay. Pain in the neck." I replied.

"No, I mean like him so much you want to pull his shirt off?" she asked. That was a tough question. Zach has so many sides of him: there's the jackass, the dumby, the player, and my (least) favorite, the sleaze-bag...but he's also got a sweet side to him that he doesn't like to show off. Would I ever think of him like that?