31.

I stand motionless on my balcony, still staring up at Leo's window.
My mind rushed as i tried to comprehend everything that was going on. The more I re-thought everything:
The kiss, Leo's face after he saw it, Our argument, and the window... slamming shut.
Blink.
My eyes fluttered back open, and I seemed to be back into my sad reality again.
I stared at Leo's window, one last time, hoping for his head to appear again. But no. So I turned back round to my bedroom, the light stinging my already watering eyes. A huge lump formed in my throat, and my lips quivered.
As I stepped back inside, i locked the door behind me slowly. I sighed deeply, leaning my head against the glass. As i closed my eyes, a few cold, salty tears trickled down my cheeks.
I lifted my head up, wiping underneath my eyes.

And then, i did what every teenage girl would do.
I threw myself onto my bed, pulling the sheets over my body.
And i cried.
I cried like i never had before.
I grasped firmly onto my tear soaked pillow sobbing hysterically into it.
And i remained there for the rest of the night.

                                        *******

Saturday morning, and I stared into the mirror.
My hair was a tangled frizzy mess, and my eyes were crusty and bloodshot red. I had huge bags under my eyes, and my skin had never looked worse.
I sighed deeply, feeling the urge to burst into tears again. But I knew that if i cried once, I would be crying all day, so somehow, I got dressed and cleaned up, and managed to have a normal morning, even whilst feeling completely dead inside.

Whilst I ate my breakfast, I had thought about texting Alex, and basically send him a massive paragraph asking him what the absolute fuck he was playing at. And as much as i did want to, I just sort of thought, nah. I don't want to think about it again, even though it's all that's on my mind. I will probably just confront him face to face on Monday, so I can get a proper answer instead of a stupid sob-story text he's edited a million times to make his side more believable.

The hours continued to drag.
All I could do was sit still whilst staring blankly at a wall thinking about it.
That was until somebody rang the door bell.
"Mmmmmhmm" I moaned, as i pulled myself up from the sofa. Mum had just left to go to the shops, so it was probably her coming back because she forgot her wallet or keys.

I yawned, scratching my head as I pulled open the door. The fresh air smacked me in the face, and I felt like a vampire being burnt alive when directly in sunlight.

"Hello."
I looked down.
I was surprised to see Isaac, Leo's little brother.
As much as it made me happy to see him, being reminded of Leo made my heart sting.

"Hey Isaac! What are you doing here?" I ask, trying to sound as upbeat as possible.

Isaac fidgets with his toy car.
"I uh, was just out here playing, and then i was like wondering if you know why um, uh, Leo is really sad?" He says, looking up at me with big round blue eyes. They looked just like Leos.

A huge painful burning sensation formed in my throat as I held back tears.
"It's uh, nothing for you to worry about Isaac. We just had a little falling out. I promise you things will go back to normal, things like this happen all the time." I reply, my voice cracking through the pain.

As I said this to the 7 year old boy, part of me felt like I was the kid. I mean, I had no idea what the hell I had just said. Things like this don't usually happen all the time... do they?

"Are you suuuure? He seems pretty sad. He just stays in his room aaaall day." Isaac says.

"Im, uh, sure." I respond sadly, staring down at my shoes. A small tear escapes and trickles down my nose. I quickly wipe it away with my sleeve.

"Well thanks Lucy. You should probably try talk to him." Isaac says. I smile at him uneasily, and he he turns away to leave my front door.

I watch him as he runs to his garden, and he plops himself down on the grass. He tips a bucket filled with toy cars onto the ground, and he dives into the pile, grinning with delight as he picks up a huge red truck. It makes me smile.
What a sweet kid.