8.

After about twenty minutes of rushing to get ready and look presentable, i quickly left my Dads house to go meet Leo. Luckily Tesco car park was only a fifteen minute or so walk from my dad's house so i would make it on time. As I walked down the road, hands in my pockets, listening to music, i gazed up to the dark night sky. It was pitch black, only lit up by the twinkling stars and the street lights.

When i approached the car park, I saw Leo walking on the other side of the street.
"Hey!" I called out to him, taking out my earplugs and running across the road to him.

Leo stood still in awe, looking at me up and down.
"What is it?" I say, nervously.

He stares back up into my eyes, and a smile spreads across his face.
"Nothing. You just look very beautiful." He says, grinning.

I blush. Hard.
It was probably just because i had straightened my hair for once and thrown on a decent outfit.

"Thanks i guess. But every time you've seen me i've either just woken up or been balling my eyes out." I say.

"You still looked good then." He says, staring at my lips.

"So, anyway," I say, butterflies raging in my stomach, "do you want to go down to the beach?"
I watch as he flips his dirty blonde hair out the way with his hand, his jawline clenched.

"Sure."

* * * * *

We sat on a wall, looking over to the sand and the water. Surprisingly it was very quiet, almost nobody was around.

"Do you want a beer?" I said, pulling two cans out i'd stuffed in inside pockets of my jacket.

"Yeh thanks." Leo said, taking one from my hand. As our fingers touch, we both look up to each others eyes. He looks away, cracking open his beer. I do the same, taking a gulp. I watched as the waves crashed onto the shore, my hair blowing softly in the breeze.

"Thanks so much for this Lucy. I really mean it." Leo says, turning to look at me. His eyes are shining, those gorgeous deep blue eyes.

And at this moment i had no idea if it was the alcohol or what but i had the sudden urge to kiss him. I plucked up the courage, and before i knew it my lips came crashing into his.
As we kissed, i felt his hand move to my waist, which he squeezed tight. My adrenaline was pumping, and i could feel the goosebumps rise on my neck.

When we both came out for air, we sat in silence looking out at the water, breathing heavily.
"What was that for?" Leo said, smirking. He places his hand on mine squeezing it tight, and i squeeze back. He looks at me and smiles.

"Because I love you Leo." I say, looking down at my feet. He pushes a strand of hair behind my ear and lifts my chin up with his hand.

"I love you more." He whispers, as he pulls me in tight. I wrap my arms around his him, and we sit together, watching the world go by.
It was exactly everything I wanted and needed.