21.

"Oh my fucking god Leo stop!"
I shout from my balcony.

Now I know why he was acting like this.
He was sitting on his window ledge, knees tucked into his chest, holding up and inspecting a tiny sachet with a white powder in it.
Probably cocaine.
When he see's me, he quickly shoves the sachet in his pocket.

"Leo you can't do this!" I shout, begging for him to stop. My hands are clasped over the side of the balcony, my nails digging into the paint.

"You don't understand." He slurs, scratching his neck aggressively.

I stand there, struggling to form a sentence.
"Well explain it to me. Just please Leo, please do not take that!" I stand there in shock, as he looks at me in disgust.

"I can do whatever the fuck I want." He states aggressively, staring deep into my eyes.

This makes me angry, but i realise getting angry wouldn't help.
"Please Leo. Don't." I beg, feeling a lump form in my stomach, the sort of one you get when you are trying to hold back pain.

He looks away.
"Leo I don't want to lose you." I say softly, my voice cracking as my throat feels like its burning.
When he looked back at me, his eyes glistened, as if they were watery.
"I have to go." He suddenly says, jumping of his window back into his room.

"Leo wait!" I shout, leaning so far over the side of the balcony that i almost fell off.
Leo freezes. This was my last chance to say anything.
"Don't do this if you really love me." I make out through the pain in my throat. Tears dribble down my cheeks.

Then he slams the window shut, and leaves me on the balcony alone, drowning in my own thoughts.