29.

Alex glanced down to his yogurt, then back up at me, waiting for my response.
"Yeh I know." Was all I could think of saying.

I sat there, watching him as he scraped the sides of his tub, eating the remaining spoonfuls.
"You done?" He asks, wiping his mouth with his sleeve.

"Uh, yes." I say, getting distracted.
I watch him as he stands up from the seat, and i stand up with him. Suddenly he places his hand underneath my chin, and wipes his thumb against the side of my lip. His hand feels warm and soft against my skin.

"You had a bit of chocolate beside your mouth." He says, retrieving his hand and wiping it on his jeans.

"Oh... thanks." I say, embarrassed.

We both sit on the swings at a play park, drinking cans of fruit cider Alex had brought in a rucksack. We were the only ones around, and it was dark, and very quiet. I kick my legs of the ground, swinging back and forth slowly.

"So thennn Lucy." Alex slurred, taking the remaining gulp of his drink. He had had three cans, and it was most definitely starting to affect him. I meanwhile, was only half way through my second can.
I sat on the swing, watching his jawline tense and his adams apple rise as he swallowed.

"Yes Alex." I say, taking a drink.

"What are your biggest fears in life?" He asks, chucking his can over to the bin, which misses, and lands next to it.
What a stupid fucking question.

"Uhhh... probably the ocean, big places, uhhh, the future and losing the people who are closest to me." I answer, pushing myself higher into the air.

"Big places?"'Alex laughs, pulling up his hood over his head.

"Yeah!" I answer.

"Why?" He asks, watching me as i swing back and forth.

"I just don't really like big spaces, especially places i've never been to before that has nobody around. Kinda makes me uncomfortable." I answer, quickly trying to slow myself down before i got too high.

"Thats stupid." He laughs, fishing into his bag for a new can.

"Your stupid." I reply jokingly.

Alex turns round to me, cracking open another can with a mischievous grin on his face. His eyes twinkled in the light of the lamp posts and his curly brown hair blew softly in the wind. He giggled, and his dimples flashed upon his face.

"Although you are right about losing people close to you. That kinda sucks." He says.
When he said this, everything almost went still.
I stopped on the swing, and was sitting next to him, looking out at the blank field beyond us.

"Yeh tell me about it." I mumble, gulping down more cider. He watches me, his eyes slowly moving down from my eyes to my hands as i placed them back onto my lap.
Everything remains silent, until I suddenly burst out,

"Some people are just fucking pieces of shit. I mean, you do something for them, and get absolutely nothing back in return."
I sigh, placing my head in my hands.

"Yeh, but all that matters is you tried i guess." Alex replies, not really helping.

"I mean, jesus fuck what actually brings somebody to cheat. How could somebody be that, that... heartless." I stammer.

"I don't know. It's just best you let those people in your life go." Alex says.

"But seriously. Is there something wrong with me?"
I say frustratedly, looking back up to the sky.

"Uh Lucy..." Alex says, and I look over to him.
He stares at me with his mouth almost hung open.

"You are probably the nicest girl i've ever met. And your also beautiful as well. I'm sure as hell there's absolutely nothing wrong with you."

I stare at Alex, and he stares back.
He smiles at me sweetly.
I blush.

"Um, thanks." I say shyly, looking down at my feet, then looking back up.

"And any guy would be lucky to have you, besides Leo of course." Alex adds on.

I stare at him blankly, slightly flattered but mostly confused at what he was saying.
And at that moment, I knew something was off.
As much as he was flirting with me, and being really sweet and funny, something just wasn't adding up.