30.

"Oh, uh... I don't think so." I say, struggling to find something to say.

"Well believe me it's true." Alex replies, as he chugs down more alcohol, his eyes almost rolling back into his head. I chuck my finished can on the ground next to me, and try my hardest to thing of something to say.

"But seriously, you shouldn't stress about Leo. It was clearly his fault and not yours." He adds on.

"I know, but i feel as though I did something wrong." I say, my mind swarming with thoughts.

Alex swipes his hand through his hair softly.
"Look Lucy, he's just a fucking dick who thinks he's a hotshot but he's not. Just forget about him he's literally irrelevant."
He says this with a slight smirk on his face.

Suddenly, out of no where, anger starts to build up inside of me. What he had just said hurt me, which meant that I still did feel for Leo. This confused me even more. I tried to relax, not letting my feelings show.

"Yeh your right I guess." I answer through clenched teeth.

*******

Alex and I approach my front door.
We had sat in the park talking for about an other hour, and then he insisted on walking me home, sort of like what boys do in those sappy love films.

"Well uh, thanks for tonight, and walking me home." I say, wrapping my arms around my waist in the bitter cold weather.

"No worries." he says, smiling at me sweetly.

I smile back as i look down, fetching for my keys in my pocket. He was still standing there.
I look back up to him, and he just stands there staring at me, his eyes sparkling. I watch as he licks his lips.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

Suddenly Alex's lips are forced onto mine, and he kisses me softly, with his eyes shut but mine very much open. My heart rushed, adrenaline pumping.
His lips slowly de-attach from mine, and he steps back. I stand there in shock.

"Goodnight Lucy." Alex says, scanning my whole body as if i was a meal before turning around and walking back down the street.
I watch him until he goes completely out of sight.

What the fuck just happened?
Shakily, I turned back around towards my house, desperate to get back in and slam my head against my pillow.

And then, to make matters even worse, I notice someone peering down from the window next door.
Leo.
My heart pounded as we made eye contact.
He stood there at the corner of the window, watching for god knows how long. He had a look on his face which made it seem as though he had just been stabbed in the gut. I watched, as he immediately turned away from the window.

"Leo wait!" I shout desperately.

Then, his hand appears, and he pulls the curtains shut.

"Fuck!" I spit, aggressively forcing the keys into the lock. I barge into the house, slamming the door shut behind me and running up the stairs to my bedroom.

"Be quiet!" I hear my mum shout from downstairs, making me want to slam my door even harder.

I burst into my room, and as i ran over to the balcony it was as if a hurricane had swept through my room.

"Leo!" I shout up, panting from my balcony.

"Leo please just listen to me!" I yell, begging for him to come back.

"Urgh!" I groan, kicking my shoe against the railing in anger. I rested my head in my hands and sighed.

I hear his window swing open slightly, and i look up. He wasn't there when i looked, but i knew he was hiding.

"Leo! He kissed me! I didn't kiss him!" I cry in frustration.

Still no reply.

"Leo I swear I would never do anything with him. He did it to me! You saw that!" I say, burying my head back into my arms as i leant over the balcony.

"Really? You did a lot more than just that."

I put my head up slowly. Leo stands by the window, his eyes swollen and puffy.

"What are you talking about?" I say, completely lost.

"I know about all of the fun you've had with him." He states.

"What fun?" I ask.

"Quit the bullshit Lucy. You've been sleeping with him." Leo snaps, his eyebrows narrowing.

"W- What the fuck?" I stammer, completely lost for words.

"Where the fuck did you hear that from?!" I ask angrily, my body filling with rage.

Leo goes silent.

"Where did you hear it from?!" I repeat.

Leo opens his mouth to speak, then shuts it again. He takes a deep breath, and then says,
"Alex."

Why the hell was he making lies up about what we were doing? Of course. It was to make Leo jealous. He was right. He was trying to tear us apart. It all makes sense now as to why he was being so close to me earlier.

"Oh my god Leo. You were right before. Can't you see he's making up lies to ruin our relationship?" I say, everything suddenly unfolding onto me at once.

"It doesn't matter now. He clearly has already won you over. And your enjoying it." Leo answers, folding his arms and looking down at the floor.

"But i'm not sleeping with him! He's making up complete bullshit just like the lie he told me about you sleeping with another girl." I say.

Leo looks back at me, and rolls his eyes.
"So you finally figured out I wasn't lying?"

"Yes and i'm sorry. This has all just unravelled on me now." I reply, rubbing my eyes with my sleeve.

"Well it took you long enough. Have fun with Alex." Leo finally says, as he slams the window shut, and walks away.