Chapter 30: A miracle

Hyerim's POV

After having a breakfast with Jimin, and also took a shower, now we both are watching a movie on my bed, cuddling.

"Are we really going to do this for the whole day?", I asked, as Jimin stopped running his hands through my hair.

He looked down at me, with an eyebrow raised, "Why? Do you want to go out?", he asked.

"Do you?"

"I'll be fine with anything, so you decide.", he said, shrugging.

"No, I guess I'll just stay at home at the moment.", I said, staring blankly at the laptop.

"Are you okay?", he asked, placing a hand on my shoulder, while the other held mine.

"I don't know, Jimin. I just...I miss her so much,"

He heaved out a sigh, before looking back at me, "I'm sure we'll find her soon, okay? Trust me," he spoke softly.

I just nodded at him, not wanting to say much about this thing. It has been two days since Haerin disappeared, and we still haven't heard anything about her from the police.

I hope she's doing just fine.

"Anyways, I want to visit my grandmother after this. Do you want to come?", he asked, cuddling me in his arms again.

"No, it's fine. I'll just stay at home. Miyeon might be coming home too," I assured him.

We walked towards my front door, as I opened the door for him. He turned around to look at me, smiling sweetly.

"What?"

He took a step closer to me, as he patted my head gently, smiling sweetly, "See you tomorrow," he said, and walked away from me.

As he was just a few meters away from me, he stopped at his track as he heard me calling out his name.

"Jimin-ah!"

He turned around, and as he did, I placed a quick peck on his lips, giving him a smile as I leaned away.

"I love you,"

"I think this is the first time you ever said you love me. You even gave me a goodbye kiss," he said, impressed.

"Well, if you don't like it then—"

He cut me off with a quick peck on my lips, smiling mischievously. "I didn't say I didn't like it,"

Then, he walked away, as I closed the door, approaching the couch, as I switched on the TV, watching a random movie.

But then only 15 minutes into the movie, I heard the sound of my doorbell, as I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

I walked up to my door, and behind the door was Jimin, head hung low. He looked up to me, and I was shocked to see the look on his face.

"Hyerim-ah..."

As my name left his lips, tears started to form in his eyes, and I swear it is the most heartbreaking sight I've ever witnessed.

He looks even sadder than the day he told me about his grandmother's diseases.

"Hey, what's wrong?", I asked softly.

"My grandmother doesn't recognize me anymore,"

As he said those words, tears streamed down his cheeks, as my eyes widened at his answer.

I pulled him close to me, as I comforted him who's crying his heart out, knowing that his grandmother's Alzheimer's just got worse, to the point that she can't even recognize her precious grandson.