Chapter 15: Is it a yes?

Hyerim's POV

The last bell just blasted all across the school, and Mr. Park walked out of the class, followed by the students.

I was packing my things, shoving everything into my bag, and there are only the three of us left in the class.

Not long after, Taehyung walked in, standing by his girlfriend's desk, as Miyeon stood next to him.

"You guys go ahead," I told them, as they both nodded, and made their way out of there, of course, hand in hand.

Jimin walked out of the class, without even saying a 'goodbye' to me like how he always did.

Hm, weird.

I just shrugged it off, as I threw my bag over my shoulder, walking out of the class.

I closed the door behind me, as I turned around, flinching at Jimin's unexpected figure in front of me.

"Did I scare you that much?", he chuckled. "You were so cute," he laughed again, as I glared sternly at him.

"Anyway, let's go to pick up our little princess and spend the rest of the day together.", he said, as we walked towards the parking lot.

We both hopped in, as Jimin threw his bag into the backseat, before grabbing mine, throwing it into the backseat as well.

"We're going to the nursery first, then we're going to eat. I'm so hungry," Jimin said, and put his hands on the steering, as he drove away from school.

I showed the way to Haerin's school once, but Jimin already remembered it. I guess he has a good sense in directions.

Even I took a few weeks to remember the way to Haerin's school.

I never pick Haerin up directly after school because I usually get changed first, so I didn't know that the nursery is not that far from our school.

Jimin parked his car in front of the school, as we both hopped out of the car, walking towards the entrance.

Haerin's teacher, Bae Yeoreum walked towards us, smiling sweetly. Yeoreum is my elementary schoolmate, so I am not worried of Haerin if she's at this place, under my old friend's care.

"Hyerim-ah, I've never seen you for so long! How are you?", she asked, pulling me into a tight hug.

I patted her back gently, as we both pulled away. "I've been busy working, so Miyeon usually picks Haerin up.", I said, stroking Haerin's hair softly.

"Anyway, it's good to see you again. And who's this?", she asked, smiling at Jimin, who bowed slightly at her.

"Daddy," Haerin called out, tugging onto Jimin's pants. He picked her up from the ground, as he held her in his arms.

"D-daddy?", Yeoreum's eyes widened at me. "He's not her daddy! I don't know, she just called him that ever since the first time she saw him.", I told her as she nodded.

"Ah, so this is her daddy that she has been talking about.", she nodded.

"She talked about me?", Jimin asked, as Yeoreum nodded again.

"Yeah, she never stopped talking about her daddy. Maybe she's just too happy that now she has a daddy to brag about. It's not a bad thing though,"

"But she is surely more talkative now, compared to the first time you brought her here. She didn't want to talk to anyone, and now she is much more happier.", Yeoreum smiled at Haerin, pinching her cheek.

"Really? I'm glad to hear that," I smiled in relief, before shifting my gaze at my small girl.

"Mommy, can we go eat ice cream again? Can we, daddy?", Haerin asked, looking at both of us with her pleading puppy eyes.