"Upset? No, I'm not upset. Upset is when you forgot to watch your favourite TV show. Upset....I'm not upset" Betty laughed sadly.

Archies POV

"I'm fucking heartbroken, and you know why?!"

"Betty..." Kevin tried to calm her.

"Because my boyfriend, who by the way made me believe he loved me, broke my heart. That's right! Betty Cooper the golden girl has snapped!" she shouted. Alice came rushing downstairs at all of the commotion.

"Betty honey, calm down" Alice spoke softly.

"Is that all any of you can say? Betty this, Betty that. Why can't I just be left alone?" she shouted.

"Betty, Jughead did it because he didn't want to put you through the pain. You two were on opposite sides and would be forbidden" I explained sitting next to her.

"We could've fixed it! We...we...we always fix it" she whispered the end. My eyes wondered down to her wrist where I could see tiny marks. Tiny red marks. I looked back up and saw Veronica had noticed too.

"Betty...take off your hoodie" Veronica spoke.

"What? No" she shrugged.

"Please Betty"

"Why?" she asked. I looked back down and as soon as she noticed she pulled her sleeves down to cover them.

"Betty..." I tried but she ran upstairs crying.

"That's it. I'm calling Jughead" I spoke sternly.

"Bad idea" Cheryl sighed.

"No, good idea" Kevin argued.

"I'm going to check on her" Alice said sadly.

"Veronica? Should I?" I asked and she hesitated before nodding.

"Hey Arch, what's up?"

"Hey Jug, uh I need you to come to Betty's"

"Archie, I can't. I can't see her"

"It's important" I begged

"I can't-"

"If you still care about her, even just a little bit, then get here in 5" I demanded and hung up.

"Now we wait" Cheryl groaned.

"Okay, you guys can wait for Mr Serpent freak to save the day but I won't. She needs help now" Cheryl protested and rushed off upstairs.

"When did life get so complicated" Veronica groaned.

"It's Riverdale, it always has been complicated. We were just sheltered from it by our parents for a very long time" Kevin admitted truthfully. There was a frantic knock at the door and I smiled in relief.

"Jug, thank god you came" I sighed letting him in.

"What's going on? I was in a serpent meeting" he asked.

"It's Betty. She's been off for weeks so we came round to see her and well...she's been harming herself" Veronica complained with tears in her eyes. Jughead's eyes widened but we were interrupted by shouts from upstairs.

We all rushed up there and saw Cheryl and Alice arguing whilst Betty sat on her bed crying.

Jugheads POV

"Guys! Stop shouting!" Veronica halted as I rushed over to Betty and wrapped her in my arms, placing her on my lap.

"Betty...Betty it's me. I need you to follow my breathing okay? Just like you use to. Please, for me" I soothed, whispering into her ear.