annoying

֎

taehyung lays on their shared bed, legs resting against the headboard with his head upside down, a big frown on his pretty face, his eyebrows furrowed.

he doesnt notice when jeongguk comes out from the bathroom, drying his wet mouth & chin with a rag from brushing his teeth, too deep in his thoughts to register the footsteps coming closer or feel jeongguk's worried gaze on him.

jeongguk's first guess of the cause of taehyung's unusually quiet mood is he's feeling smaller than their shared previous days, so he crouches down in front of the smaller slowly n smiles gently while booping the older's perfect nose. "so... what do you wanna do with daddy today, hm ? we have all day, princess." taehyung's pulled from his thoughts at the feeling of the small boop on his nose n he huffs, dropping his head so his face is stuffed into the sheets. "dunno, gukkie bear."

jeongguk's worry immediately worsens at the nickname (which tae only uses when he's feeling around the ages of  6-9), biting his lip as he sees the smaller grip the sheets anxiously.

"well.. why dont we start of with what's bothering you, hm ? let's have a little talk, angel." jeongguk smiles n plops himself down on the bed enthusiastically, resting taehyung on his lap while facing him, hoping to hear excited giggles come from taehyung at all the movement.

"i-i dont wanna, gukkie bear." jeongguk frowns n looks down at their thighs, taehyung's over jeongguk's with jeongguk's bulging past taehyung's from all the muscle. "youve been getting sad more often angel, i dont like seeing you like this. i want my happy angel back, my carefree little baby," he says gently, pouting down at the small ball in his lap.

taehyung looks up at jeongguk n bites his lip, poking jeongguk's pouted ones before resting his hands on jeongguk's shoulders. "j-just my mind, gukkie bear. gets all s-sad n cloudy.. b-but you still make me super happy !! always take my m-mind of the bad stuffs, j-just when it gets t-too.. q-quiet they get louder," taehyung whimpers, jeongguk smiling sadly n nodding. "i get it baby, what are you thinking about today, sweet cheeks ?"

taehyung shifts  n wraps his arms around jeongguk's neck instead, leaning forward just to feel closer to his caregiver. "i-i know i get a-annoyin a lot n-n i dont wanna annoy gukkie beaw today, s-since you no have work," he slurs, seeming to feel smaller the longer he looks into jeongguk's eyes, the eyes that always shine as if saying 'it's okay to feel smaller whenever you feel you are.' when jeongguk first noticed the more taehyung talks, the more smaller he gets — especially when looking into his eyes —  n he made it a rule for taehyung to slip further into his headspace whenever comfortable, n managed to make taehyung remember he should never feel insecure or embarrassed, that it's natural for him.

"angel, youre never annoying to me, frustrating ? a little, but so is everyone else. plus, youre my baby. i could never stay mad at you for long n i definitely could never bring myself to find you or your cute little antics annoying, honey." jeongguk holds taehyung's bigger hands in his n kisses each knuckle on his left hand. "i know it's hard to believe, but i'll be here to remind you every hour if i have to, baby. you know that. do whatever you feel like doing today, okay ? i'll clean everything for you n show you you dont annoy me, sound good ? wanna have fun n make a mess with gukkie bear ?" he expresses excitedly, bouncing up a tiny bit with each question to see the huge smile on the little's face, hearing the sweet giggles he's been dying to hear all morning.

"yes, gukkie bear !! yes yes yes !!!" taehyung yells, bouncing with each word, n they run out of the room to start their fun day.

֎

> super duper short,, like 650-ish words but i just thought of this n wrote it in like 15 minutes,, kinda repetitive with the insecurities n stuff but i dunno that's how i feel so :[