arguments

֎

"taehyung, baby, come here for me?" jeongguk calls hesitantly, playing with his fingers nervously on the couch. he hears slow footsteps coming down the stairs, n jeongguk's heart breaks more when he sees taehyung's state.

he looks horrible. with huge bags under his eyes, his small tummy getting even smaller from lack of food, n his hair unbrushed. jeongguk doesnt know what's been wrong with the older but it's been keeping him nervous n restless, n he needs an explanation after these anxiety filled days.

taehyung finally makes his way in front of jeongguk n keeps his eyes on his feet, pulling down his sleeves n putting his hands behind his back. "yes?" he meekly whispers, digging his nails into his palms when he hears jeongguk sigh shakily.

"can you sit next to me, baby? or sit anywhere at least?" the younger stares at taehyung's grown out hair falling over his eyes, waiting for the older to at least look at him. though, all he gets is a nod n taehyung nervously plopping down gently, too gently, next to him.

jeongguk smiles when he feels a gentle grip on his hoodie n soon a thumb gently caressing his arm, a tiny sign taehyung shows to let others know he's listening n there, n also because taehyung notices how stiff jeongguk is. "can you tell me what's wrong? please? taehyung it's worrying me so much n i feel useless that i cant help you in anyway-" he's cut off when slightly chapped lips are pressed against his n immediately relaxes, opening his arms for taehyung when the smaller boy climbs onto his lap.

jeongguk lets out a small whine when taehyung pulls away seconds later, leaning into the hand caressing his cheek, even if it is abnormally cold. he hears taehyung chuckle, probably at his embarrassing whine, jeongguk concludes, n jeongguk looks away with a blush. "cutie, you dont have to worry. im fine."

something snaps in jeongguk n he looks at taehyung, pulling him closer by his waist, taehyung letting out a little squeak at the close proximity, "i do have to worry, youre my baby who isnt doing well. youre not even going to school, so something's definitely wrong. please tell me." jeongguk begs, looking up at taehyung n biting his lip again, feeling his eyes slowly start to tear up.

whatever small emotion left in taehyung's eyes is now gone, staring with empty eyes at jeongguk. "im fine. stop asking, jeongguk, seriously," he mumbles as he pushes jeongguk's hands away to get up, looking down the whole time. "it's getting annoying."

the tears welled up in jeongguk's eyes fall at the words n he stares at taehyung's back as the older stands facing away from him, nails digging deeper into his palms than before. "y-you havent slipped in your headspace..." jeongguk mutters, n taehyung turns around so fast jeongguk's worried he got a little dizzy.

"that's what this is about? you miss taking care of baby me? jeongguk, if this relationship is just about you wanting to care for baby me then i-i cant." taehyung raises his voice, making jeongguk seem a tad bit smaller than the older.

deciding he hates the feeling, in an attempt to seem bigger, he stands up n raises his voice as well, "who said i wanted to take care of little you, huh? i couldve said how happy i am about you not slipping. i couldve said how you havent slipped in awhile n how im relieved because taking care of a baby was starting to get annoying!"

at those words taehyung bites his lips n cowers away from jeongguk, shaking n tearing up at the thoughts coming into his mind. he pushes jeongguk out of the way harshly n speeds to the door before jeongguk can say anything else n mumbles out an 'ill be back' before slamming the door shut, leaving jeongguk in the cold house all alone with his heart slowly breaking with every minute that passes.

taehyung hasnt walked out like that in months, maybe a year. jeongguk doesnt know because he tries to forget about it, tries to forget about the harsh pushes that they both sent each other n the way harsher words shared between them, he tries his hardest. thankfully that day seems further from his memory with each passing day but now, it comes back at full force.

he thinks about searching for taehyung, walking towards the door to do so but he knows the older'll just get more upset, so he slumps against the door n slides down, resting his head in his hands while he waits.

about two hours pass n taehyung attempts to push the door open but gets stopped by a heavy weight against it, taehyung furrows his eyebrows n pushes harder with a grunt, squeezing through the small space n shutting the door before anymore cold gets in.

he looks down n softy smiles when seeing a sleeping jeongguk on the floor, the man huffing n shifting uncomfortably thanks to the hard floor under his bum. the older carefully sits next to jeongguk n slowly pulls him closer so the younger's face is against his neck, jeongguk's stiff body immediately relaxing at the smell of the other n pulling him closer instinctively.

taehyung giggles n holds jeongguk with one arm, the other resting on his shoulder while he runs a hand through the soft brown hair. "m sorry, gukkie. i just havent felt confident lately. my tummy got bigger n i didnt like it anymore n i couldnt sleep because of it n-n m just sorry." taehyung cries, resting his head on jeongguk's shoulder where is arm is. "m so stressed because of school n family n j-just— everything's so hard," he cries harder, pulling his knees to his chest. taehyung flinches when he feels jeongguk grip his waist gently n sobs, jeongguk shushing him gently n rubbing his waist.

"i know baby, i know. youre so pretty to me, so so perfect. dont starve yourself because of your cute tummy. i know everything's super hard but im here, im right here n-n i wanna help you in anyway i can— only if you'll let me. so please, let me." jeongguk whispers, his grip on taehyung loosening as he talks weakly.

he feels the older nod n relax in his arms, the last of his tears falling down his puffed, tear stained cheeks. "i-i promise."

֎

> i was actually gonna write somethin fluffy but then this came to mind so (':