Chapter Twenty : Summer Vacation

Katie's POV

It's been two days after graduation. Ian and I had an appointment at the hospital to check out our casts. My parents were working on this day, and so was Ian's mom.

His dad and Kailey are here with us in the waiting room. Kailey was sitting on my lap, she's such a cutie. I love how our names are close, she really feels like a real sister to me.

Ian and I went in together when we were called up. The nurses remember us and they asked us a lot of questions, we were happy that they asked.

"How are you? Have you two been taking your medication? What did we miss in the past few weeks? You two are our favorite patients!" The nurses were asking all these while taking our vital signs, they didn't even give us a chance to answer each question. Ian finally got to answer for us and he gave a cute smile when he answered them.

"We're okay, the medication helps when it hurts but when we get so itchy, it's hard to scratch!" We laughed at what he said. Some old joke when people have casts on.

"The only thing you missed is that I’m not going to the military anymore, I decided to stay and be with my new fiancé'." We both smiled real big, he puts his arm around me and I was blushing the whole time. The nurses dropped their pens when they were writing the information down.

 "Fiancé'?! Since when?!" We were both still smiling, I showed them the ring, like I said, and it was a chained ring connecting to the bracelet. They were admiring it saying how lucky I am. They kept asking when did he propose to me, I was going to answer but Ian answered for me.

"Graduation night, in front of everyone." He loved telling the story.

"Congrats you two! Invite us to the wedding okay?" They hugged us and they left. We were waiting for our doctor to come in and check us. She's also a really nice lady. Dr. Barbs is her name. 

"So what made you ask me to marry you so early in front of everyone like that?" I was wondering about it for a while so I decided to ask him while we wait for our doctor.

"Because in my dream, you were the one in the hospital and I was scared out of my mind that I would lose you if you don't wake up, but you did. When you did, I was so happy and we had grown closer. I told myself I wouldn't fall in love with another if i lose you. So on graduation night in my dream, I asked you to marry me. You said you love me and kissed me on my lips so I woke up for real and I was here in the hospital. I knew by then, I will marry you." He held my hand and smiled.

"That was a beautiful story, Ian." Dr. Barbs said while she was writing something down. We didn't even notice that she came inside already. She sat down beside us and examined our arms.

"Today we'll take your casts off, but Ian, for your leg, it will be an extra week or two." We nodded our heads and followed her into the next room. In a couple of hours our arms were free.

"Just exercise your arms and practice holding stuff again so you can get used to it." The first thing Ian did was held my hand and smiled at me.

Why does he have such a dreamy smile? Anyways, Dr. Barbs told us we were free to go. We went outside and saw Kailey coming to us. It's funny how her big brother bent down to get her but she came to me. I was laughing and I carried her.

"Fine then, Kailey wants Katie more than Ian." Ian said pouting with his arms crossed. Kailey stuck her tongue out and hugged me after, I just laughed more. We went out and got lunch and ice cream. It was just a regular day and I felt happy about it.

                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Five Days Later~