Chapter Twelve : Basketball Championship

Katie's Pov

"Oh my God, Ian.." He sat me down and sat down with me.

"Here, for the most beautiful girl in the world." He gave me a pink rose.

"Thank you." I kissed his cheek. "How did you find this place?"

"Well, when we were moving here, we saw this house and we wanted to check it out. I went further on ahead though. I came over here and I saw that roses were planted here and they weren't blooming up yet. I decided to let nature do it's job and probably bring the most beautiful girl here." He was smiling at me, i couldn't help but smile back.

"But, why me?" That was all I could ask.

"Because, you're different. Want to know something?"

"What is it?" I asked him.

"When i first saw your eyes.. I just felt so mesmerized. Katie, you are different because I have never felt this way before. I heart you so much, I would never do anything to hurt you. We're a week now, I know we have forever more to go." I leaned and kissed him on his lips. It was my first time to do the first move.

I looked up and he smiled at me. I smiled back, just... Perfect.

~Three months later~

"Ian! Ian! Ian!" The crowed was chanting. It's the second half of the second quarter. This is the final shot!

"Come on big brother!!!!" Ivory was yelling beside me, we were holding up a banner for him.

The score is tied, 103-103. Ian had the last shot, there was ten seconds left.

"Honey! Shoot it!!!!" Yupp I started getting used to it, three and a half months with him has been so... wow. Anyways, he better shoot the God damn ball and make it in!

"Ten!" the crowed started.

                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ian's Pov

Shit, it's all on me now. It's so much pressure! I dribbled the ball, looked up at the hoop. I was doing a free throw.

"I can do this" I told myself.

"Nine!" the crowd was still counting. "Eight!"

Ugh so much pressure, everyone is counting on me! "Seven!"

Ian, just shoot you idiot! "Six!"

I bent down and took the shot. "Five!"

Go in! Please!! I watch the ball roll around the ring, so did everyone. Everyone went dead silent for a few seconds...

The ball bounced on the floor. It didn't go in..

I heard the whistles. "Over time!! Five minute break!" I started walking back to my team to get some water. Fuck over time, I could have won for our team! 

"It's okay bro, we'll get them this round." Daniel patted my back giving me some water.

"Fuck it could've went in. Stupid fucking gravity!" I was so mad. I looked up at Katie she was smiling. That was it. I know what I had to do!

We heard the whistles again. We started to play a ten minute game. Our scores went up, so many fouls later, we played for thirty minutes! The score was 109-109, tied again.

I was dribbling the ball again, this time it wasn't a free throw. there was about four other guys in front of me trying to steal it. I heard the crowd counting again.