Chapter Nine : A First For Everything

Katie's POV

"Hi, Baby. Remember me? I'll be at the park tonight if you want to meet up ;)

-Andrea <3"

Reading that text.. I felt so hurt. Maybe he didn't mean what he said to me. I turned around and I see that he was watching me read his text messages.

"Oh...Ian... Sorry your phone rang and I thought I’d check it for you...” I said giving him his phone but not looking at him. He didn't say a word to me yet; I went to the living room to sit down and try to control my anger and pain.

                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ian's POV

She looks scared? What did she read in my phone? I have nothing to hide... I looked through my messages, it's from Andrea. I looked at Katie, damn it... She must think I’m playing her. Well I’m not... Walking up to her hoping she's okay.

"Katie? Honey?" I wrapped my arms around her making her lean on me. "Look, I don't want anyone else but you. Andrea is like that, she always sends those kinds of texts, but I don’t even bother reading them. Listen to my heart, that's how crazy it is when I’m near you or around you." I looked into her eyes and kissed her forehead. "Katherine Taylor, I heart you and only you."

                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Katie's POV

 When he made me listen to his heartbeat, I felt mine too. It was the same beat, same rhythm. "I heart you too, Ian Knight."

"Honey hold on okay. I’ll be back." He smiled at me. He kissed my cheek again and went out the door. In a couple of minutes he comes back in with a guitar to my surprise.

"You play the guitar?!" I asked sounding so shocked cause I really am. He smiled at me and sat down beside me.

"This song is called 'Grow Old With You' I just want to play it for you. Don't worry, it’s short." He starts playing the song.

I wanna make you smile whenever you're sad

Carry you around when your arthritis is bad

Oh all I wanna do is grow old with you

I'll get your medicine when your tummy aches

Build you a fire if the furnace breaks

Oh it could be so nice, growing old with you

I'll miss you

Kiss you

Give you my coat when you are cold

Need you

Feed you

Even let ya hold the remote control

So let me do the dishes in our kitchen sink

Put you to bed when you've had too much to drink

I could be the man, who grows old with you.

I wanna grow old with you Katie

He kissed my cheek again. I've never been serenaded before. I can say for now, he's the first everything that has happened since last night. 

"That's.. so sweet, Ian. But isn't it too early for you to make a choice like that? We just started. I'm not even ready to say those three words yet." He put his guitar aside and kept smiling at me.

"Katie, early or not.. My heart tells me you're different, you're special. And I believe in my heart. My heart has made me choose other girls and made me realize that they're all just the same girls. But when it comes to you, my heart feels different. It's like telling me that what we have will work. And I’m listening to what my heart tells me, Katie.. I have liked you since I first saw your eyes. I felt so smitten and mesmerized, you caught my attention. I'm blind to other girls right now and forever as long as I’m with you."

"Why are you being so sweet to me?"

"Because I heart you. Even if what I feel is more than that, I'll say it when we're both ready to say it."

I smiled at him. "Thanks, Honey." OMG I called him honey for the first time. I got to get used to this.

"Hello! Kid here!" Richel yelled at us.

"Oh sorry, we forgot you were there." Ian said teasing her.

"I'm cute! How can you forget me!" She was so mad at him. All I did was laugh about it.

"Heh sorry, so what do you want to do?" Ian asked her, but just then the doorbell rang. It was her parents they're ready to take her home.

"Aww man, I don't wanna go home." She looked at me and hugged me tight.

"Bye Katie!" She looked at Ian. "Don't hurt my cousin or else i'll punch you!" She smiled and ran outside to her parents.

"Damn... Little girls scare me now." Ian said, which made me giggle more.

                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ian's POV

I already knew I was in love with her. I'll do anything I can to keep her. But have to keep up with her. I'll make her so happy; I'll feel like if I lost her now, I have to keep on trying. Her phone rings, it's her parents. Listening to Katie's side of the conversation.

"Oh, what time you'll be home, mom?"

"Yupp, Ian is here."

"You want to talk to him?"

--Wait, what?

She was giving me the phone.

"Uhm, hello?" I answered nervously.

                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Katie's POV

Trying to listen to what my mom is telling him but I can't hear her. Only the things Ian is saying.

"Sure thing Mrs. Taylor." He said smiling and hung up the phone.

"What did she say?" I asked him holding on to his shirt. He's still smiling.

"She said...” He stopped and smiled more. Damn it, say it!! I like you a lot but say it!!