Chapter Fourteen : Prom Night

Ian's POV

It's Saturday afternoon and I woke up to a phone call, I was home alone and I guess Katie is getting ready for tonight. I don't get how girls take so many hours to get ready and look all pretty.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Is this Mr. Ian Knight?" An unfamiliar voice said on the other line. In shock I stuttered.

"Uhh... Uhm yes this is he? May I ask whose calling?" My heartbeat was pounding so fast, I was really scared to hear what this guy was going to say.

I sat down so I wouldn't do anything stupid if it was bad news or good news, I don't know what to think. Once he said who he was, my heart just broke. I had so many things in mind right now I can barely listen to him..

"Okay sir, goodbye. Thanks for calling." I said politely. I went to my room and sat on my bed, my heart was beating so fast.

I felt the pain, how could I completely forget about that? I thought about our future with Katie, how am I going to tell her about this news... It breaks my heart just thinking about how her face will be like, will she hate me for this? I sighed quietly... I looked at our picture on my lap top screen, I’ve never been so happy in my life for a girl... It took me hours to think about this.

I looked up the ceiling, “Fuck my life!!!” I just had to yell it. I lay down on my bed, and I completely have no idea how to tell her about this.. Suddenly my cell rang.

*Buzz Buzz*

K : Hey, ready for tonight? I can't wait :) I know it's so early but I really can't wait.

I : Hey, yupp. I can't wait. I have to talk to you tonight though, something really important.

K : Okay x) see you soon. (>'3')> 

I : See you too. I hope time goes slow..

This could totally break her heart as it's breaking mine.. I realized it's almost 4pm, prom starts at 6, and I haven't eaten yet. I went downstairs to check what I could eat, it looks all good but I really don't feel like eating.

I sighed again.. I have to put on a fake smile tonight. I keep thinking about the words I’m going to say to her, I’m so scared for my life right now. Why? Because she is my life.. Yeah earlier I said ' fuck my life ' but i didn't mean it that way.  Honestly, I’m just scared to death right now, I don't want to lose her. This shit sucks.

Thinking about everything I didn't realize I have to pick up Katie in thirty minutes. I showered got dressed and went to her house with the corsage I bought for her. I was wearing a black tux and a blue necktie to match her outfit. It took me ten minutes to reach her house; I rang the doorbell and waited for someone to open the door.

"Hey Ian, just in time. Come on in." Her dad let me in and I waited for her to come down the stairs. It felt like her birthday all over again, her mother was fixing her hair and taking a lot of pictures.

"Good evening Mr. Taylor, is Katie ready yet?" Right before he answered me her mother yelled out.

"Kat-Kat! Ian is here! Hurry up so I could take pictures!" I found myself smiling, a real smile for now... Then I saw her come down the stairs, she looks even more amazing.

Spending time with her is always something I looked forward to. When I took my family road trip, I missed her so much all I wanted to do was hold her, kiss her, and fall asleep with her in my arms. I watched her come down and I gave her the corsage. We gave what her mother wanted; a few more pictures and we were ready to go.

I guided her to the car and opened the door for her. We drove to the beach first, to where we had our first kiss and checked out the stars before we went to prom. It would be too crowded if we go there now. Holding her hand we stood near a tree and listened to the waves.